the Rift

Come Over [Phaedra]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

The Capture</style>

Drop past the color; come up through the summer rain.</style>

Of course Apollo would be fine. Why wouldn't he? The Grey surely out numbered the foothills, did they not? Besides, the foothills had grown fat and lazy, while the Grey were a group of highly trained and skilled mercenaries. Apollo of course, was no fighter, and with his new healing magic...surely he could at least heal himself should he face any danger? For a moment, it all seemed so positive in her mind; like nothing could possibly go wrong.

Then the illusion fell.

What if the shaky agreement with the Throat, fell through? What if the Qian were to get involved, as one of their members resided in the Foothills? What if Jackal had some trick up his sleeve, and they were ambushed on their way in? All of these thoughts swarmed Phae's mind as she pressed herself closer and closer to Apollo. Yet even as the physical distance between them decreased further, an emotional rift began to form in her mind. Could she love Apollo? Not if he's dead, her mind answered almost at once, trying to shutoff the valve that controlled the well of emotions that she felt for the painted unicorn. He would be another Tolio, all over again, who would only love her, and then leave her.

Wasn't that precisely what Apollo was doing? Confessing his love, and then running into a battle that he couldn't know he would survive?

Her body began to shake slightly, as she fought back tears. She would not send Apollo into battle with a heavy heart. She would not. Biting her lip hard enough until her tears ceased to flow, she took a deep breath, before exhaling softly into his chest. Stepping back, she regarded him with the same adoration that she had before - masking her troubled heart from his kind gaze. Being a spy had taught her that much. Moving her muzzle forward again, she softly pressed it against his, knowing that her cursed and wrinkly skin would not feel as sweet as it had before, in the ocean, yet continuing nonetheless. She breathed in his smell, exhaling her own against him as she softly kissed him. Backing up a few paces, she let her wings fall to her sides. Tossing her head, she laughed her silvery laugh, as she shook her head as if with amusement. "I will if you will, sugar. I'll see you tomorrow." Her words had a certain finality to them, as if making a prophecy, rather than just a goodbye.

Knowing that she would not be able to mask her emotions from him much long, Phae swiftly turned on her haunches, cantering away from the unicorn as fast and nimbly as she could, winding her way through the trees until she was sure she was out of his sight.

Won't you sing to me your poetry,
Won't you take me to your home,
Won't you be for me forever
So I'll never be alone

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Come Over [Phaedra] - by Apollo - 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: Come Over [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 02-26-2013, 06:42 PM
RE: Come Over [Phaedra] - by Apollo - 02-27-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: Come Over [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Come Over [Phaedra] - by Apollo - 03-02-2013, 04:50 PM
RE: Come Over [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 03-10-2013, 11:16 AM