the Rift

Your friend, Mr. Sun. (Ktulu, Hototo, Cera, Open!!)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 words words words.</style>

This time of year, the meadow is lovely; its flowers are painted in bright colors of lavender, amber, and indigo. Even a twisted heart inside the chest of a bitter old man would have skipped to behold the pure beauty of earth. A pegaus would take thrill when noticing how spotless the sky was, and perhaps find reason for play; indeed, this aged heart did skip around—but for an entirely different reason. It skipped out of excitement, because magic had begun to awaken, deep magic; rooted from my lord and seeping with earthly intent.

I had found out about this new talent rather suddenly on a normal morning. It had started off averagely enough, I left early with the intent to meditate before starting my daily todos. Once in a trance state of being-- my spiritual touch could not only feel the sand move beneath hooves, but the plates of earth as well. Imagine my blissful surprise?

Of course... small shivers and shakes eventually weren't enough to satisfy a growing hunger; mortal mind grew curious of this ability and began to harbor desires of stretching magical muscles as far as physical self would allow. This power was what I practiced today. Fear hugged my hooves tightly to their positions like favored friend unwilling to let go out of fear that I might fall over from the might of my own energy. Calling upon the quaking spools of power, I pushed against the very plates of earth. The smaller ones moved to my will, shaking and quivering until the whole area around me shook free and threatened to break apart.

A withheld breath released and the tremor stopped just as suddenly as it had began. My head spun a little and I was drenched in sweat, limbs shaking. Wings which were hung limp, now thrust out to cool my burning hide. Again I summoned the beast that was my birthright, and again I couldn’t not hold it for more than a little without nearly falling over from exhaustion. Gasping air hot air after a third attempt, it became frustratingly apparent that I would have to take this a little slower than sand bending.

The art of sand shifting had come easy, almost naturally; I felt like this magic would also mature and grow simpler with time. But it would take time, and patience. Both of which I had little to spare of late. Throwing head toward a high noon sun I sighed dejectedly, wondering why nothing could ever be easy? Limbs shifted to drag body toward a shady spot for thinking on how to master this technique.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Your friend, Mr. Sun. (Ktulu, Hototo, Cera, Open!!) - by Midas - 02-26-2013, 11:45 PM