the Rift

Your friend, Mr. Sun. (Ktulu, Hototo, Cera, Open!!)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Like a feather in the wind.</style>

You don’t realize just how much magic can take its toll until one stops casting it. My body was sweaty and feeling the fatigue from tallsun heat; right now I couldn’t think about how to master this new power like I wanted to. Instead all my brain would fantasize about was how the shade would feel once I dragged this carcass was under it.

Truthfully, I was much too young to be feeling this drained. Before any amount of space had been crossed to distant timberline a sound drifted on the wind, teasing my ears into rising from their frustrated flat state. My name and the drumming of flailing hooves. Bowed cranium automatically turns, not expecting to witness a face that had become a blessed sight in troubled times. Hototo had been like a brother to Cera, and a second son to me; always understanding and full of surprises--just like his heavenly father. Eytan trailed behind him, it wasn’t often I saw one without the other.

A welcoming smile creases my face, forcefully I straighten a bent spine from its sluggish stance to appear more tolerable of company. As the lad closes the gap between us I’m struck with realization that he seemed to have taken on a few inches since the last time we talked. Like the patched flyer at home this boy was going to tower over me within the next few months. “Midas,” he calls in simple greeting, my head extends toward him to close the final few feet between. Velvet reaches out to butt against his blue nose fondly. Sunlite eyes turn to the bear, tenors rumbling out a soft nicker, “It’s good to see you both doing so well.” More words whelp in my chest but before they could obtain life he asks a question.

"You seemed like you were struggling back there... are you alright?"

His concern warms me and makes me sigh in the same beat, a General wasn’t supposed to struggle through anything. It wasn’t very becoming of Throats honored child and it wasn’t becoming of a mentor for two nearly grown children either. Disheartened I admit, “New magic has awakened within me, but I seem to lack the strength and endurance to control it for more than a few seconds.” Not really wanting to dwell on the fact that my power was lacking in proportions that I thought it should have, I clear throat and add, “But never mind me; how are you? How is your mother?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your friend, Mr. Sun. (Ktulu, Hototo, Cera, Open!!) - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 04:17 PM