the Rift

reliving old and forgotten memories[Open]

Azúcar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It was wonderful, dreams. No, nightmares. I always had nightmares. They no longer scared me, for my life was a nightmare. I had gotten used to it long ago. Tonight was just like any other night, me having a nightmare as usual, but for some reason this nightmare seemed different from all the rest.

I'm in a dark forest, everything around me seems to be a few shades darker than normal. I'm running, and I can hear howling coming from behind me. I dare to glance back, my eyes widening as I see over-sized wolves chasing after me. Their eyes glinting and their teeth covered in blood. I trip, the wolves upon me. I can feel tears well up in my eyes as I wait for the wolf to bite into my skull. But as the tears fall onto my legs, I'm not crying crystalline tears, I'm crying blood. Then, I'm in a meadow.

A mare, almost as young as I is there, bending over two gray lumps. I step forward, a dark stallion beside the mare. Her coat is a glimmering gray, her eyes a deep blue. The mare nudges the two lumps, and instantly two little heads pull themselves up. I gasp. It... it was me. But... it... I shake my head. The other form, it... it was my sister. I hadn't really thought of her all that much. Ever since she vanished, I just pushed her to the back of my mind.

I watch as the dark stallion smiles at my sister before rearing, bringing his hooves down. He was trying to kill me. I watch as the mare leaps in his way, his dark hooves driving down into her flesh. It was then, when her blood sprayed across my small body. That was when I went insane. Seeing my mother being destroyed, it forced me to become what I am now.

The world around me spun, and in an instant I'm in a dark cave. Me and my father facing one another, snarling. I was very young, only a few months. I watch as my father attacks me, my horn piercing his stomach as I slip underneath him. He gasps, flopping to the side. It was then I learned how fun murder was. I watched as I slammed my hooves into his skull, screaming how much I hated him. I watch as I tear his face apart, my hooves driving deeper into his skull. I wince, watching as I give the final blow. Then, it was all over. With blood on my body, I walk away, letting his body rot.

In an instant I jolt up, my stomach pressed against the cold floor of a cave. I slowly stand up, my legs wobbly. I sigh, pushing my dream to the back of my mind. The dream reaches for the forefront of my mind, wishing to gain the spotlight. But I force it back, walking along the edge of a cliff. If I slip, I would tumble down a snowy stone slope and die instantly. I watched where my hooves fell, making sure I didn't slip. It was a quiet night, cold as usual. The Basin was never touched by warmth. It was always cold, but I didn't mind. My heart was cold, and so was I.

My mane and tail whips in the wind, the lavender locks falling against my shoulder and hocks. It's a silent night, the moon high above the sky. How I loved the silence. But the silence was shattered as a wolf's howl rang out. I freeze, glancing around. Fear gripped my heart, but I pry it off and walk on. I exhale, the air coming from my nostrils appears as a little cloud before vanishing into the air. It was a lovely night, I must admit. But... I hated lovely things.

For, who doesn't?

Messages In This Thread
reliving old and forgotten memories[Open] - by Azúcar - 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM
RE: reliving old and forgotten memories[Open] - by Azúcar - 03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: reliving old and forgotten memories[Open] - by Azúcar - 03-19-2013, 06:17 PM