the Rift

reliving old and forgotten memories[Open]

Azúcar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
So, a joker was he? Flicking my grey ears back, I narrow my eyes and snort. "If I was to survive my fall, I wouldn't hesitate to attack you." A loud grumble comes from deep in my throat, similar to that of a dog. Cutting the growl abruptly, I bow my head. "Sorry. Controlling my emotions isn't exactly easy." These words come out a bit quieter than I had intended. Shaking my head, I glance at my gray hooves.

How rude this stallion was. I mean, it didn't exactly sound like he was joking, or was he? As silence slid over me like a curtain I begin to hear a loud ringing within my head. "Now now... threatening the others isn't nice." A voice chimes in. The voice is sarcastic and deep. Father... go away. I don't need any advice from you. I try to ignore the hysterical laughing going on inside my head, but it's kind of hard. Especially when the laughing gradually gets louder. Shaking my mane out, I narrow my eyes and try to concentrate on the blood bay.

Blood.

How I wanted it so badly. Beginning to think of horrific images within my mind, I can hear a loud snort. "Violent much?" The deep voice pops back into my head. Grunting, I focus my magenta orbs onto the black and red pup. "He's a Hellhound." The stallion replies to my question. The voice seems a bit quieter, but it's still there. "How cute. One of those would be great to have. Why don't you get one?" I grin, staring at the pup. That's the first good idea I've heard from you. Laughing rings throughout my head, and I can hear it fade off as though my father was walking away from me. Until, it stops completely. As I'm staring at the pup, it begins to bat at my nose in a playful manner. Smiling slightly, I stare at the pup for a little longer before raising my head. The stallion is gazing off, as if lost in his own thoughts. A breeze brushes through the night, and I can hear the two amulets around the stallions' neck clatter together. The marking on his hip almost appears to glow against the moonlight. Blinking a few times, I myself become lost in a sea of thoughts. Plans, and even images of my past flicker by in a blur of color.

"You tell me yours first."

The words draw me back into the moment, and I stare at the stallion, eyes narrowed. "I did ask you first. But, just so this won't go on and on, my name is Azucar." With ears flicked back I gaze at the moon light as it shines down upon the ground.

When the awkward silence begins, I can't stand it. What should I say? Start up a conversation? I hear a small snap, and I snap my head towards the sound. Moving swiftly, I bring my hooves down upon a white shape. I feel a small spine snap under my hooves, and instantly withdraw my gray dagger-like hooves and stare at what I had killed. A rabbit... well... a snow-hare. Kicking the carcass a little, I bite down into it and bring it back so that I stood before the stallion. The hare was surprisingly big, considering how cold it was around here. Stooping down, I sink my small, sharpened teeth into the fur and flesh. Blood begins to pool around my lips, and I shut my jaws, tearing flesh. Chewing, I enjoy the warmth of the blood as it coats my tongue. Smiling, I glance down at it. "Want some?" I push the hare's white carcass towards the stallion and his bonded. It was probably the nicest thing I had done. (Or, tried to do at least.)

Ever.

Messages In This Thread
reliving old and forgotten memories[Open] - by Azúcar - 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM
RE: reliving old and forgotten memories[Open] - by Azúcar - 03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: reliving old and forgotten memories[Open] - by Azúcar - 03-19-2013, 06:17 PM