the Rift

Invasion Round One :: Cluster Two

Peixos Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 Hands :: 4 Years Old
Tay
peixos

Hell – yes hell as often as it does, broke loose just then.

I bolted out of my skin as the sun called its war song over the hilly spiral of Foothills’ horizon. My sturdy body lurched like the let go of a catapult. All of everyone leapt into action, Pegasi swarming from the trees behind, foot soldiers claiming the land with just the thunder under their hooves. We charged with all the glory and determination of the true soldiers we were. My gallop was among the stretched line of Grey members, I reached my hooves out towards the front as uneven ground hissed past at the slap of grass on my pale forelegs. My mocha gaze darted to find Raimo who was a whistle of blue above my head, throwing an image of the other army from his aerial view. We were all scattered, falling into place as the hum of our hooves and the whistle of our wings rolled over the hills. The war drum was unneeded here because we made enough noise all by ourselves.

The Grey was an army worth the fight. They were crammed in the space of a matchbox, all vertically lined side-by-side in the Deep Forest, huddled together in the blanket of muggy Tallsun darkness. There were limited resources in the fungi-ridden land, and I imagined that after a while the eeriness there in those mushrooms took a wicked control of their minds. I agreed with them, they needed to move. I was an advocate for the Foothills because of the son who dare wear his mother’s name.

And she was still here with me, in front of me, guiding us to where her son’s puny army stands at bay.

I heard the first pinches of impact as I came in on the enemy’s army, following the trail that Raimo made from above to the outside line. I followed him up to where a chocolate mare dipped from the sky to ram a huge stallion off to my side, pushing her forehooves at his neck in attempt to break his vitals. His body, made for the brutality of war, thick hide, strong bones, but something in his physique was not right for this. He lacked the most essential part of this art – muscle. I was about to let him be, until Raimo’s reptilian voice crooned ‘kill’ in blue words and the silver stallion’s massive chest pushed itself in my way.

It took me but a second to gather myself. Mocha eyes were slits, finding a generous liking in the illuminated presence of my foe. All of his weak contours were lit up, the sun gleaming in his foolishly kind eyes, probably penetrating his pupils at such strength that he was feeling the spots overwhelm his vision. His body coiled in tense suspension, I jolted leeward, bolting at Argetlam’s soft body. I was only a couple strides in before I lurched at him, powerful mass soaring, forelegs extended, aiming to hit his chest with enough force to knock my hooves into his ribcage. As my body was in mid-attack, I curled my dappled neck down, baring a flash of teeth that would hopefully rip the skin on the right side of his thick, lower neck. This attack, I knew was jaded, but with my opponent’s bulk and lack of talent, I was sure I’d at least have one hit.

Agility and heft was on my side. The sleekness and speed from the Appendix part of my mother only added to the stalwart weight and muscle capacity of my father. If I was anything I was well bred.

I felt a hot surge of electricity pulsate through my legs, into my hooves as they were in flight, remembering the words of the Appaloosa mare who wore orange eyes that glimmered in the face of such calamity. A smile pulled itself across my fish-marked muzzle, the warm fuzziness of recollection softening the glare in my eyes. I wanted to redeem this victory for her – and only her. I could feel it rushing in, foaming about the sands of my brain. I felt like I was finally getting the chance to defend my Tides. And I would defend them with all the mercy my soul allowed.

words; 708
summary; Peixos stumbles upon Argetlam who pushed himself defensively in Peixos' way. The fishboy charges, about a half stride away from the massive bulk of Argetlam he throws himself at him, forelegs outstretched and teeth bared, ready to knock into the much larger stallion's chest and take a chunk out of the right side of his neck.

skyfall is where we start
a thousand miles and poles apart
where worlds collide and days are dark
you may have my number, you can take my name
but you'll never have my heart

Messages In This Thread
Invasion Round One :: Cluster Two - by Official - 02-27-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: Invasion Round One :: Cluster Two - by Kri - 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Invasion Round One :: Cluster Two - by Aryel - 02-28-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: Invasion Round One :: Cluster Two - by Peixos - 03-01-2013, 09:37 PM