the Rift

The Earth Says Hello {|| Thor, Hellena, OPEN ||}

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

The tentative nature of Sulwyn is endearing to my heart, I feel my smile broaden into something warmer, something more genuine and heartfelt as I watch her shy motions eventually bring forth a timid voice, revealing her want for knowledge. It brings joy to me, to see the hope that drives her, the yearning to improve not only herself, but the herd that she has made claim to. I flick an ear, and turn my tiara to the side before I answer, following Thor's line of sight, to spy the dark hide of Ink grazing the freshly awakened grass that coats the floor of this campsite. It is good that he is here, for he represents just one side of this many faceted herd we call home.

"The Edge came to be by the whim of the Moon Goddess, who, with her brothers, the Lords of Time, Earth and Sun, crafted the entire realm that we call Helovia. She carved these cliffs with the wind she controls, made them strong and sturdy so that they did not fall to the ocean, filled them with mists and forests so that the cool embrace of her darkness was forever present." I summed up the creation of our home in a few succinct sentences, hoping they were enough to answer her query regarding its origins. Thor seemed to be settled in his silence, and I was in talkative enough a mood to continue filling our sun-stained mare in with the knowledge.

"There are many ranks available within the herd, each of them as valuable as the other. There are the healers, which Thor here represents today, led by Torasin. There are the Philosophers, who aid in teaching our young ones the ways of surviving the land. They are led by our Advocate, Rishima, who is sister to the DragonHeart. There is also theWraiths, led by our silent Spectre, Ink." I gestured towards the dark stallion who stood nearby, raising my voice just as I said his name, in hopes that he might look this way, and share his knowledge on his own rank in his own special, artistic way.

"There is also the crafters, led by our Glazier, who work to build a great range of things, from trinkets to armour for our final class to wear; that of the Protectors, led by the WingLeaders, who will be decided upon the end of a Tournament that our WeyrLeader called, to ensure that only the most capable of defenders lead our Protectors." I finish my speech with a sigh, hoping that I had sufficiently sated her curiosity.

Messages In This Thread
The Earth Says Hello {|| Thor, Hellena, OPEN ||} - by Sulwyn - 02-28-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: The Earth Says Hello {|| Thor, Hellena, OPEN ||} - by Sulwyn - 03-19-2013, 03:13 AM
RE: The Earth Says Hello {|| Thor, Hellena, OPEN ||} - by Hellena - 03-21-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: The Earth Says Hello {|| Thor, Hellena, OPEN ||} - by Sulwyn - 03-23-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: The Earth Says Hello {|| Thor, Hellena, OPEN ||} - by Sulwyn - 04-05-2013, 09:27 PM