the Rift

Invasion Round Two :: Cluster Three
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The sun was bright and ever rising, its crimson colors cast a suitable grim mood over the battlefield. Green grass and flowers had suddenly turned red by blood and light. No comfort for the weak, or patience for the ill-trained could be had. Everywhere one looked-- there was utter chaos. What had been a comfortable evening, was quickly turning into a blistering day that promised death. Honestly, I preferred the night and less death. But not everyone got what they wanted out of life.

Virginity had been lost, my sword like lashings had finally had their ravishing desire for battle answered. A most flavorful bouquet, hot and sticky—wetted the tips of my blades. It dripped toward an intent to water the grass below. This body still felt energized, sweat hadn’t even begun to form across my shoulders and neck…which meant that I wasn’t doing enough. I planned on rectifying this. Our heavy set opponent, the ‘mute’ Arabian had moved quicker than anticipated, and with surprising focus. The ‘flow’ or ‘focus’ was strong in warriors, we entered it for our own sanity and protection. It kept spirits from faltering when faced with impossible odds, and it gave a father strength to kill.

It was disappointing to know that he had noticed my dive and avoided a head hoof collision. To this I was surprised and moved spiritually to double my efforts. Bets would have landed him in a slower moving category, but apparently I mistook his size and underestimated his abilities. My attack wasn’t a total failure though, golden daggers had found something to hit. I had felt when each step scrapped along his spine/withers, and with every strike I was closer to home. Closer to leaving this battle and returning to Cera, and to Ktulu. I felt neither gladness nor anger, only focus to complete a personal goal.

Return to them alive.

Banking hard right I swirled midair with the sun now behind me. I was distanced from him enough to see hindquarters rise in what I guess was expectations that I would still be there. Wrong. His attack missed, and left me to wonder if perhaps my hoof had jarred his head a little after all. THAROS moved to attack APOLLO. My ebony neck stretched forward and wings thrust to launch me in for another aiding strike, and that was when THAROS decided to start talking. Talking. Yes, holding one leg up as if the gravity of his emotion would be enough to hold off the wolves. Foolish boy. Any lingering embers of respect I had for this crazed brute instantly cooled in my mental ash pit.

Infuriated by his flapping jaws amidst battle, I pulled up and hovered for a wingbeat, just in time to see KRI soaring in for an attack. As much as I would have liked to fill his words with sand, I decided on a different course and called on the earth shifting powers that had been recently discovered but not perfected weeks ago. Brows furrowed together and I forcefully slowed my breathing in order to concentrate on what lay beneath THAROS. Each plate, each sliver of earth could be felt and manipulated. If I could only cause a minor earthshake, coupled with KRI'S attack it held the possibility to send our dear little greenhorn reeling. I focused in on the area only THAROS'S hooves only, so that hopefully APOLLO and KRI wouldn’t be jarred by the gravity of this power.

After a few moments my powers waned, and with it a little piece of my strength that only time would heal. Another figure catches eye, a quarter horse who had been on the opposite side of this fray. An enemy, she seemed well handled by a rather large man. My lips parted into a wistful smile, my first instinct was to lend this brother a little aid while I was in the position to do so. This desire was followed. Around me little pieces of sand rose, three shapes formed; each fashioned to take the likeness of arrowheads that had been sharpened to a point. Propelling myself a little higher I send all three projectiles toward AILITH to aid the draft that appeared readily smashing her into fertilizer. The last of my magical energy was spent, and the full weight of my armor could be felt.

Word count:: 725

Buffs:: Endure

Magic:: (2,2)

Summary:: Flies over after attacking THAROS and sees KRI come in. MIDAS summons his earthquake magic to couple with KRI'S attack and hopefully send THAROS reeling. Notices ARCHIBALD and decides to offer him a little aid by sending sand projectiles at AILITH.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Invasion Round Two :: Cluster Three - by Official - 03-02-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Invasion Round Two :: Cluster Three - by Kri - 03-03-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: Invasion Round Two :: Cluster Three - by Midas - 03-04-2013, 03:39 PM