the Rift

Time For A Chat [Mirage, open]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
I arrive some time behind Mirage. I had not been beside her as she approached, but I am so very nosy and once I heard her voice from afar I slunk in closer to investigate. I had found that with Mirage often came something of importance that I needed to know about; I would rather save her the breath of telling me and just witness it all for myself.

They say she is of the shadows. I guess shadows can have shadows then, as I drift to her side like the embodiment of one, standing funnily enough, in what darkness her body casts.

I only hear the ending half of her words, though I had heard some murmurs from Aaron and the new mare I do not know on my way over - something about Aaron being a crafter now. That's good, as I never completed my request with Lace, though I have gathered the resources he requested. Perhaps Aaron could finish the job for me?

I must say I am surprised though. I was surprised when he had left, although truthfully I do not know him, I only know about him, as I do the majority of our members. I cannot properly gain knowledge on those beyond our borders if I cannot even claim those to know within. Although some would say, myself included on the right day, too often do my eyes look within our lands and not further.

I am surprised too that Aaron did not stay in the Foothills to fight. Perhaps I don't understand warfare very well, but all the warriors I've ever known have basically frothed at the mouth at the mention of battle.
Perhaps this is why Aaron returns as a crafter and not the knight gilded in blood as so many others are.

It does make me wonder at his loyalty to the herd, I admit, but I am hardly one to be casting stones in that regard. I've done no wrong to the Edge yet, but I can truthfully say I serve myself first and foremost. So long as that is accomplished, then I am happy to serve the Edge, as she has served me well.

I am young yet, as is he. We've much to learn of the world and what roles fate should have us play.

Mirage is speaking again and my ears flick forward with interest, eyes bright with a curiosity that ails me so. I had been so absorbed with Aaron I'd scarcely glanced at Romani, but as Mirage welcomes her and speaks of the Foothills, I know it's from where she hails. I had not recognized her, but we have had many new recruits as of late.

I tilt my head, observing her unabashedly. She seems happy, for a mare recently without a home. I wonder if the Foothills was so terrible a place they a glad to have it taken?
I should not think such, the battle still wages with no victor yet claimed, perhaps they will arise victorious yet.

I realize that I know hardly anything at all about the Foothills. As it is with most things, for all of us. Well I suspect Mirage and Rishima are rather wise, my greatest respect for them in that regard, but I think even they know hardly anything compared to all there is to know.

I'm getting sidetracked though.

I think I should see the Foothills for myself, and this invasion, before the battle is done. I have not the stomach or the mind for war, but perhaps I can help them find their way here.

I glance at them all again, nodding, as my body bursts into black rain and that into a crow.

I take to the skies with a silent caw cast down at them.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Time For A Chat [Mirage, open] - by Aaron - 03-05-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: Time For A Chat [Mirage, open] - by Mirage - 03-05-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: Time For A Chat [Mirage, open] - by Aaron - 03-05-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Time For A Chat [Mirage, open] - by Romani - 03-05-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Time For A Chat [Mirage, open] - by Mirage - 03-07-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: Time For A Chat [Mirage, open] - by Ink - 03-09-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: Time For A Chat [Mirage, open] - by Aaron - 03-18-2013, 11:00 PM