the Rift

A Change of Scenery [Closed]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

“It is a pity,” Romani murmured softly in agreement to Marius’ statement. Racism was something that the Haflinger would never understand, and honestly, she hoped that she never would. One should never judge another based on their physical appearance… To her, it depended on the actions one performed, not what they were born with. That was a lesson she would firmly teach her daughter, once Jasiri was old enough to comprehend racism and hate.

Romani flashed the fellow palomino a gentle smile as he fell in step with her, and rose a curious brow at his mention of Isilme. While she had never entered or encountered the land during her life as a wandering gypsy, the stocky mare had heard the name many a times since entering Helovia. Where it was or what it was like, however, was beyond her… It was a shame that everyone spoke in the past about it. “Isilme, you said?” She asked, truly interested. “I have heard that name a lot since coming here… Others are from that land; perhaps you may find an old friend or two?”

Occasionally, as the two progressed through the forest and beginning their trek towards the Edge, Romani would glance back to ensure that Kasai was still following. While she never doubted that her beloved companion would wander off, the striped cub had a tendency to let her curiosity get the better of her. On more than one occasion, Romani had been forced to stop in the middle of what she was doing to simply go searching for the wayward cub... Little Kasai, however, still followed behind the two equines with a hop in her step, obviously in a rather good mood.

Turning her head back to face Marius, the mare’s previous smile faltered slightly. For a moment she hesitated, wondering if she should, or shouldn’t, tell him of what was going on. In the end, however, she decided to. He care seemed genuine, and who knows? Perhaps this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

“… I’m not originally from the Edge,” Romani said softly, picking her words carefully and ignoring how some of them left a bitter taste in her mouth, “When I first came to Helovia, I was taken in by the Foothills, where I dedicated my very life to protect. Unfortunately… Circumstances didn’t work well in our favor, and my home was invaded by a band of mercenaries.” Pausing, Romani’s crisp, azure eyes flicked towards Marius and a sad smile twitched her dark lips upwards. “I was unable to help my herd mates, due to the fact that I was pregnant at the time… Now, I live in the Edge, with my mate. I’m happy there, don’t get me wrong… I simply miss it.”

For a few, contemplative moments Romani remained lost in her thoughts, unsure what else she could say. Not wanting to bring her new friend down, however, she pushed passed the lingering sadness in her breast and smiled, truly smiled.

“Soon, Marius, we’ll be there… And you’ll be able to see the beauty of the Edge with your own two eyes.”

[ooc: If you’d like, you can make a post in the Edge to be accepted? :D And you can tag Romani, and I’ll post there with you, like they had just gotten there. Or I can post one, it doesn't matter. A Tier 2 member has to greet Marius to accept him, even though Romani’s bringing him home.]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because He Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
A Change of Scenery [Closed] - by Marius - 03-05-2013, 03:10 PM
RE: A Change of Scenery [Open] - by Romani - 03-05-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: A Change of Scenery [Open] - by Marius - 03-07-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: A Change of Scenery [Open] - by Marius - 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: A Change of Scenery [Open] - by Marius - 03-08-2013, 12:42 AM
RE: A Change of Scenery [Open] - by Romani - 03-07-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: A Change of Scenery [Open] - by Romani - 03-07-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: A Change of Scenery [Open] - by Romani - 03-10-2013, 03:45 AM