the Rift

Invasion Round Three :: Cluster Three
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Honor had a place on this battle field, you held your honor by hosting a good fight; and struggling for a reason that was believed to speak justice. Some fought for their pride, others for a chance to start anew. You showed mercy and respect to worthy warriors; honoring their strength and courage with blood and sweat. I watched without sympathy as the stallion THAROS fell to the ground, beaten and bruised from all sides. Utter chaos is still happening around us, but for a moment I find a brief second of relief. Earth magic had prevailed when coupled with help from brethren. It’s a false emotion though, apparently we weren’t the only thick skulled warriors fighting today.

The oversized mutt draft moved to rise, turning toward the mare I had struck with my arrows moments ago. He sought her side like a suckling babe not yet weaned from mother’s milk. My dry lips curl back with a snarl of frustration vibrating through me. Did this fool honestly not know when to just stay down? Why wouldn’t he shut up and stop? My questions wouldn’t receive an answer and he apparently didn’t know when to stop. Because the moment THAROS was up he started pressing offense again. By now our day had fully begun, the night sky was faded and warmth caused my skin beneath this armor to heat up like boiling water. Beads of sweat pooled between withers and across my stomach; rising temperatures did nothing to improve my mood and THAROS certainly wasn’t helping.

Wings fold inward toward my barrow, when air stopped moving past feathers to keep this body aloft. I fall forward in a rapid descent just as THAROS starts to buck at ARCHIBALD. The ground approached and my limbs extend to absorb the shock of impact. Wings extend at the last possible second to buffer the blow that could be received from a rough landing. Which thankfully again prevented me from becoming a red stain of unrecognizable mush. The ground seems to pivot when I finally touch down, golden dagger shred the soil and grasses that lay beneath my onslaught. My direction is aimed for THAROS and his exposed side that was hopefully unguarded by all the flailing he was doing. Purposely I tuck head towards throatlatch, armored shoulders tense beneath my steel in readiness for this much slighter bulk to hit at the front half of THAROS’S barrel in a passing charge attempt.

Hopefully I would shove this idiot aside and slice that fat head open in the process. For in the same instance of my charge, feathers open—their primary blades shinning in the sun. Right appendage opens at an angle, craving the chance to sideswipe THAROS and feel the sticky sweetness of blood once again. I was going to shut this fool down, or die trying. There was no reason for this mongrel to still be standing, firmly and assertively I strike.

Word count:: 490

Buffs:: Endure

Magic:: (2,2)

Summary:: Dives down and lands, charges for THAROS'S front half, attempts at butting him in the shoulder or anything slightly ahead and behind. Right wing is extended to swipe his neck/head/chest in passing.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invasion Round Three :: Cluster Three - by Midas - 03-08-2013, 01:04 AM