Invasion Round Three :: Cluster Three

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

speak of all the love we lost and what it cost us</style>
left us to beg our breath would stop, but we kept on</style>
AND WE WERE STRONG.</style>

The slam of my knees into his hip, I felt it clearly. I was surprised by his speed, considering his stupid ass had just been standing one leg up in the air like a flag waving for me to knock him down. He swiftly adjusts so that my aim falls short, smacking heavily into his side and sending him careening outward, an ugly stumble of a gait. My own body shakes with the impact, my feathers shivering in the early morning air like leaves in the wind. The shockwaves of a crushing force which sends pain in my bones as well. Still, I would hate to think how that magnified in his own body. I hope it hurts.

I cannot tell in the jarring sensation covering my entire body if my teeth had made impact, or if the vibration in my jaw is just a deflection of the quivers originating in my knees. I do not have time to think about this. For, just as soon as I had made impact with the brute, I was scrambling with my wings, clawing upward, trying to tear out of the range of his blasted hooves in case he decides to kick them upward at my gut. Thankfully, Midas has sent the earth after the ass of the idiot, and I see the large draft stumble under the quaking earth that cannot touch me. In the air, I am unaffected by the land.

I am master here, for I control the wind. I pull the strings, decide its path and its speed. In the air, I am invincible.

I continue straight and upward, the wind pushing gently at my back even as the sun obscures me from the eyes of those in front of me. I rise, gliding easily upward and I begin to curve. I soar up and over, the sun greeting my dark eyes painfully even as it continues to rise as I do. Then, in one easy, fluid motion, I am headed back down, my eyes scanning the terrain for possible targets as the wind snaps violently at the gashes on my back legs. I breathe easy, for this invasion has been easier for me than others. Here in the sky, I am safe from most attacks, and it seems that our opponents are not familiar with the magic of old blood. Those who have been within the borders of Helovia long are almost certain to have magic, and these whelps seem to have a decided lack of it. A pity for them, for the weak ground-bound maggots are having a difficult time reaching me here in the safe loft of the air.

Perhaps it is cowardly to hang in the sky as I am, but I have just witnessed my ally control the ground and make it unstable. I would rather not wrestle for footing when I can navigate much more easily here in the air. The groaning of the earth begins again, and I see that our two defenders have come to stick close to one another. In response, I begin to hover, my eyes focusing in on AILITH and THAROS, releasing my magic into the air surrounding them. Invisible yet dangerous, the air begins to weigh down more heavily. I push, trying to increase the pressure to squeeze their wounds with the invisible grip of the air. They have fought valiantly, but I was getting tired of the foolish attempts to conquer those who have clearly outnumbered and outpowered them. Perhaps, if I am able to squeeze the air from their lungs, they will simply passout and save ARCHIBALD the trouble of conking them over the head.

Still, if I have learned anything during my time in battle, it is that the foolish have an impossible amount of luck. I hope it runs out today.
""

[ WC: 670; Magic: 1/4

Kri uses her wind pressure magic on THAROS and AILITH during the quaking of the earth. ]

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invasion Round Three :: Cluster Three - by Kri - 03-08-2013, 07:23 PM