the Rift

Consolations (Hellena, Open)

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

It was as if the mare colored in shadows had appeared suddenly and silently. For lack of a better word, Tor would've called it almost eerie how quietly Mirage had materialized; and there was a slightly... no, more than slightly, a great feeling of... of mystery around her. Tor carefully allowed herself to look over her, in just a swift glance that could take in everything, for she was trained to be able to judge a wound's severity in a moment. If there were ever to be a war, gods forbid, she would need to categorize the most injured to least injured in a moment to ensure those who needed the care most would get it immediately. What first sprung to her eye was gold on black, a dragon, long and created of smooth, flowing lines unlike anything she had seen before; Tor could only recall seeing such elegant design with Ktulu, with the carefully crafted bear's paw upon her shoulder. As she tries to see it better, the thick ebony mane covers it. Second her eyes, gold as the tattoo on her shoulder. Then the details flowed in slowly. A medium body, lighter than Tor's heavy, rather softened form, muscles lax and unused to strenuous work. Mirage's form is lean, lithe and graceful, and as always with smaller horses Tor feels as if she is a clumsy bear beside a deer.

Her ears twitch, shifting forward. She cannot tell what, exactly, Mirage wants; but Tor shakes the matter away, instead focusing on the present. Eventually everything will be resolved, Tor thinks, at least, she does hope so. But why does she cry? The answer would be so lengthy... and she is not completely sure saying 'I feel like an idiot' would suffice. Tor sighs inwardly, a gesture she finds herself using much too often for her own good, and lets her mind roam for a moment. Ophelia; the Gray; the Edge; her children. The words repeat, sliding into a chant. Ophelia, the Gray, the Edge, her children. Her. Her changing. Changing too fast, for her own good, and if it be for better or worse, she knows not. Again the mare half-wants to shake her head, like a dog shedding water, to release herself of the constant thoughts; but instead, she becomes even more still, a white statue.

"I cry because I feel I have failed." The white mare says at last, too many moments later than probably polite. "I care too much for others for my own good. I am torn apart by more owing and my promises, and... no longer can I deal with it. I fear one day I really will not be able to stand it. Already I feel as if I'm fracturing under pressure and promises broken. How am I to remain standing when I am being crushed by things I have brought upon myself? I have lost friendships because of owing too much. Not just lost them, wrecked them, torn them to pieces that will not allow themselves to be fixed." It's strange how much better she feels after saying it aloud. Bizarre indeed... hadn't Lei always told her to open up?

TOR
Without each other, we are all lost- so keep yourself together, and stay with me

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-10-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-10-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-15-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-18-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-20-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-20-2013, 10:34 PM