the Rift

Consolations (Hellena, Open)

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

Where exactly was Destrier? Or her twins, for that matter? She had thought they would come immediately- for she had left to find her sire and dam, as quickly as she could, or at the very least her near-brother Nanook. His herd had been bountiful and joyful when she had come across them so recently, seeking advice. But the white stallion so close to her heart had simply urged her to join his herd, forget about her worries and rest her head against him, to breathe and relax. Magic, he did not know of; he disliked it when Tor had healed the dying child, telling her it was not natural. He told her Helovia was not a healthy place, with the so-called magic- it was dangerous to meddle in the affairs only nature should handle. Yet even so, she missed Helovia, only after a day or two of staying with him, speaking, healing, and so she had bid her due farewells and left.

Nanook had not been happy, leaving the mare leave to the complex land. Mostly, he was a simple stallion, one who kept the mares by his side. Seeing one walk away, without doing anything, was a huge effort. The only reason the white stallion let her leave was in knowing that she had family, as did he, and she was too close to him even after many years separated to stop her.

Not all was lost, but much of it was. She would have to work even harder than ever to pick up the pieces. As for why she had left the Gray... there were many reasons. "I joined a mercenary band without knowing what I got myself into. I thought myself among family, even those outcasted from a true herdland, but for a much too long time Ophelia did not visit me. I was so close to her- I looked for her all throughout Helovia and never found her. I gave it up. I thought it a lost cause. I did not want to stay with a band of cutthroats and assassins; I did not want to sleep around killers. It might have been different, should more healers have joined me; but for a time, I was alone, without Ophelia. My resolve broke." So she left, without telling anyone, for who really cared for her as family except for Paladin's pale daughter? "I came here, where I knew Destrier lived, and I had a few friends already. I was tired of being lost in a wild landscape alone. I have wandered for so many years... my feet grow weary."

TOR
Without each other, we are all lost- so keep yourself together, and stay with me

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-10-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-10-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-15-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-18-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-20-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-20-2013, 10:34 PM