the Rift

Consolations (Hellena, Open)

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

Tor fell silent immediately as Mirage spoke, finding her own mind racing at the simple question. Did she know? Had she always been too used to leaving? She left her family- for her family, she had thought- but what if it was for herself? Was she dishonest with herself constantly? Was she selfish, not selfless? What if she had been wrong all along? Where was Destrier, and her babies? She hoped they would be here soon. She missed them, more than she missed Ophelia. As I should, the white mare scolded herself, with a sudden twist of her heart. How could she think that simply leaving would solve anything? Her foals needed her. Now. Her maternal nature began to sink in again, awaken her briskly to the needs of her family, regardless of what other personal matters she may have on her mind.

Family, and equality, and justice. All perfect in a picture perfect world. But this world was not framed. If it was, Ophelia would understand perfectly her broken heart and remain close to her. Her family, her herd far to the North, would know she was alive and well. Her twins would know she loved them more than the world itself. Destrier, sweet Destrier, would welcome her, even after her poor farewell. She needed to speak to him again, talk to him of events transpired and return to his side, heal him when he fell and patch him up, with a brush of a nuzzle on the cheek.

"Do you deem yourself capable of joining only one cause? One family?" Was she? Tor's lungs trembled slightly as she inhaled deeply, truly and wholly wondering if she was correct. Was she ready and prepared to enter the herd, properly settle her weary legs? "I doubt anyone will be prepared to take me in at this point in time. But I have little ones, and a mate; I should no longer be wandering. It is time for me to settle, time for me to devote myself to one family. If I promise not to leave, I somehow doubt you will believe that, with my... more than poor track record. Yet I believe I am ready." Tor finally replied, a touch hesitantly, and yet her softer voice grew slightly stronger, and while remaining humble, held some small grain of truth in it, and a grain that if nurtured, would perhaps grow into a loyalty would would remain strong to the end of her days.

No promises I will make as narrator, but let me say she would rather die than leave Destrier, and Luken and Laila, again.

TOR
Without each other, we are all lost- so keep yourself together, and stay with me

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-10-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-10-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-15-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-18-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-20-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-20-2013, 10:34 PM