the Rift

Consolations (Hellena, Open)

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
larfsalot.deviantart.com

Mirage studied the mare. In silence, she wondered at what Tor thought - the reading of minds was not something she was capable of, perceptive though she may be. The painted mare's thoughts seemed to be scattered, and the WeyrLeader could understand why. She had just lost what she thought was a family figure, a strong sister, a group that she had devoted herself to, even if she had made mistakes along the way.

The little shadow mare was not one to crucify another for making a minor mistake, a lapse in judgement, or else an insignificant blunder. It was all circumstantial. Mirage did not enjoy seeing her family hurt. Destrier, and the young foals that he raised, were a part of the extended family Mirage had created, the cause that she led. They belonged to the Qian - Tor never had. But they were hurting, and as she had done in the past, to Torasin, when he was hurting over Brooke, she wanted to mend that. To restore the love, the balance that would bring their happiness. Mirage was the Qian, every one of her actions held a purpose that strove towards restoring equilibrium to the world, to an individual. Particularly to those she held dear.

Despite Tor's defeated attitude, it pleased Mirage, who hid her pleasure beneath a vacant façade, to see that hope must still exist within the painted mare, for she spoke of wanting to settle, wanting to devote herself to one cause. She stated that she thought she was ready.

Had she not already stated this to Rishima?

Mirage was at a crossroads of sorts. The mare knew what she wanted to do, but she held her sister's opinion very highly - Rishima was her confidant since birth, after all. The moon-marked mare had made it perfectly clear to Mirage what she thought of her intentions with this paint, and while Mirage longed to allow Tor to return, her fellows would need a little bit more convincing.

"I am glad to hear that." The words were breathed through charred lips, imbued with warmth and honesty. Mirage wanted the mare, truly she did, but she was held back by the stern voice of her sister, as well as the hurt of her herdmates.

"I want to welcome you Tor. I want to offer you a share in my home, my family, the Qian." Once again she spoke with honesty lining her words, with hope glistening behind her eyes. But there was also a guardedness about her, a restriction to freedom. "You are welcome to a position of Nurse, should you wish it. But know this before you make your decision; you will not progress through the ranks of the herd unless you can prove yourself to them all." It was only fair, the WeyrLeader thought. Surely if Tor wanted this enough, she would be willing to meet the challenge? To face the judgement of those around her, and rise still? Mirage hoped so, she sorely hoped that Tor would accept, and succeed.

[ ooc : Basically, Tor is welcome to join, but understand that she would be required to gain the favour of every member in a Tier above her in order to progress out of a Tier 4 rank.
If you accept, Tor is welcome to post at the herd meeting, and will no longer be a prisoner. C: ]

Messages In This Thread
Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-10-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-10-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-15-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-18-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-20-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-20-2013, 10:34 PM