the Rift

Consolations (Hellena, Open)

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

Tor watched, tears still wet on silver cheeks, as Mirage went on, her voice quiet and warm, and for a strange moment she felt as if this mare's warmth was the sun, drying the glistening tracks on her face.

Perhaps Mirage was unaware of the impact of her words, but Tor bolted upright, quivering subtly along her alabaster body, so that her feathers trembled and her soft, wet brown eyes shone with a new light. Never had she expected to rejoin the herd, regardless of the price. It was bizarre, this new feeling that rooted in the sadness- determination. Start over, a clean slate. She had broken so many, and herself among them- why not begin anew? So what if it took her weeks, or seasons, or even years to gain their trust- she was willing to take it. At last, she could be among family. No matter how long it took, there was fierce ache to be accepted.

"Mirage..." Tor breathed, eyes sparkling with renewed hope. "I will prove your fair judgement, so much more than I ever hoped for, is rightly done. Not only will I prove myself to those of higher rank, but those beside me, and the foals; I will do it as many times as I must."

Tor shifts, suddenly impatient to find the children that leaving has left holes in her heart- though that makes little sense- and the stallion she loved with regret. "Mirage, I know I have but just held a few sentences in conversation with you- but may I find Destrier now, and my children? I have regretted leaving them, for however brief."

TOR
Without each other, we are all lost- so keep yourself together, and stay with me

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-10-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-10-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-15-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-18-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Mirage - 03-20-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Consolations (Hellena, Open) - by Tor - 03-20-2013, 10:34 PM