the Rift

two hearts becoming three || Valentine, Aiko, Open

Cherie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Sunset. The most beautiful time of the day, in my opinion. The sky was always so beautiful at sunset, showing off all kinds of colors. But it was too bad that it didn't last longer, for soon was the sun gone beyond the horizon to leave room for the night.
I sigh and lie down in the dark forest, feeling the moss and soft dirt underneath me. My belly was pouting and aching a little, as my meeting with Valentine had went... Quite successful, I guess.
I was pregnant.
My pregnancy had went by faster than I ever would've imagine, though I was scared of what might happen once I've birthed the foal. Would I become a good mother? Would I raise it with a strong hoof?

I had never birthed before, so this was my very first time and I was afraid. During my childhood, I had seen a few mares die while giving birth and it had scarred my memory. I was afraid of death, afraid of the pain that the foal might give me.
So afraid, but yet I was ready.
Suddenly I felt the pain begin, felt the foal move inside me. Was it time? Was it really time for the foal to meet the world?
No. No, no, no. I chanted the word inside my head as I nuzzled my belly, trying to ignore the pain that became stronger and stronger. The night had almost fallen upon us and I was afraid that the animals in the forest would find me. Me and my foal.
Why didn't I stay in the Throat? Why didn't I go look for Valentine instead of coming here? The pain gained strength and I squealed,
squinting my eyes as the foal seemed to push outward. No...
I neighed of the pain and cried. It was too much. Too much for my petite body to handle. I wouldn't make it.. Slowly I laid down my head on the mossy ground and tried to push as hard as my body let me...

It was all over. The foal was out.

Tired with tears in my black eyes, I lifted my head and watched over my hide. The foal... Was it alive? With a gasp I stand up, turning around to look at my foal. It had to be alive.
And it was. I let out a sigh and smile, starting to lick the goo out of the foal's nostrils and mouth. My foal was stunning, but still I didn't know what to say.
Upon it's brow was a tiny bump, symbolizing that it was indeed a unicorn. But around the little bump, was a red heart against a white background. The edges of the heart was clean and it looked like the one Valentine had on his rump. It's coat was painted in a chestnut color, with the legs and face dipped in white. Her hooves though was bloody red and cloven like a real unicorn's.

My black gaze watched over the foal, and I noticed that I had birthed a little filly. A little daughter.
The smile on my lips got wider and I kissed the little filly's muzzle. She yawned and looked up at me, observing me with red-flecked black eyes.
"Hello, my daughter," I whisper, kissing the filly again. I lowered my head even more and looked into her eyes.
"My little Aiko Darleane."

ooc: <3
word count: 565

Messages In This Thread
two hearts becoming three || Valentine, Aiko, Open - by Cherie - 03-07-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: two hearts becoming three || Valentine, Aiko, Open - by Aiko Darleane - 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM