the Rift

The art of words [open,leader?]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

Trust was not something that came easily to the Dark Empress. Perhaps one could blame her rather traumatic upbringing; perhaps it was simply in her nature. Nature or nurture, she chose not to trust what she had no proof of, and so this mare’s presence did not inspire any real belief in her. What reason had she to believe that Ignita had any significant band? Why should the Lady of the Basin believe that she had the power to overtake the Edge? Of course she would love to deal a breaking blow to the Qian. They had taken her home from her, forced them into the Steppe. Indirectly, they were responsible for the disappearance of her king. She would love revenge.

You can’t get revenge and keep a spotless reputation, but it was not something to rush headlong into, either. Many great individuals had been undone by a hasty attempt at vengeance, and she did not intend to be one of them. But this mare’s proposition came with many things to consider. If she was not telling the truth, the shade could turn her down and not give it a second thought; but if she was and she was turned away, it was very possible that an Assassin might show up to show their displeasure. While the jackal did not fear any advances that they might make, she did not wish to draw attention to the Basin, not when their own secret organization was hard at work.

And still more possibilities existed. She could pledge their help, though it certainly would not gain her any love among her followers. Perhaps if the Assassin band was comprised of only unicorns, she could convince them, but somehow she knew this would not be the case. Again, she was left to wonder what had possessed Ignita to approach her with such a proposition. Were there other ways to turn this situation to her advantage? Perhaps. That would be a question for her trusted advisors, and one she would address later.

Ignita spoke again, as though the shade’s questions had been expected. The Empress had expected no less. And she promised anything, anything at all. Was that a risk that the shadow-mare was willing to take? Would the Assassin follow through? She knew that if their places were reversed, she might not. Trust, as you know, was hard to gain from the Lady. ”You make fair points, darling, but I still cannot simply pledge warriors when I don’t even know your numbers, nor how long you will take to be in a position to attack,” she pointed out. ”I simply cannot give you an answer today. I need to discuss your offer with my General, and I need a timeframe. I will not say no - I’m sure that you know how much fun revenge would be for us – but I cannot in good conscience say yes, either.”

[OOC | Sorry for the very long wait. This got lost in the mix somehow. >.>]

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
The art of words [open,leader?] - by Ignita - 03-07-2013, 03:39 PM
RE: The art of words [open,leader?] - by Nisa - 03-08-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: The art of words [open,leader?] - by Ignita - 03-10-2013, 09:30 AM
RE: The art of words [open,leader?] - by Psyche - 03-13-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: The art of words [open,leader?] - by Ignita - 03-16-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: The art of words [open,leader?] - by Psyche - 03-22-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: The art of words [open,leader?] - by Ignita - 03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
RE: The art of words [open,leader?] - by Psyche - 04-18-2013, 01:35 PM