the Rift

The Old Calling the Ancient | Return :: Moon, Zikar Sin, Open

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

The stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the earth...

This is what I would have you see, for shortly, if all goes well, the creature I am about to describe will soon be able to see his own tales as they unfold.

It is nightfall - but isn’t it always? The best laid plans always are unraveled under the brilliance of the moon and the caress of twilight. Beneath the face of the full moon, two creatures make their way into the veins. One, is an old broken thing, as the Goddess noted during their last encounter. For he is Myrddin the Haruspex, blinded by Knox and Manhatten all those seasons ago. He is accompanied by one so much younger, a lamb from his philosophical flock, who has agreed to walk his teacher into the veins. Without him, Myrddin surely would have died on the way. As they walked, Myrddin considered the Goddess of the Moon’s words...

Whatever it takes, know them better than they know themselves...Meet them and come to know them...

Whatever it takes... Oh yes, for it had taken much. Without sight, finding one who was joyful, had been a stroke of pure luck. Like a breath of fresh air, Myrddin had found Torasin and Kiba within the expanses of the Frozen Arch. The lad had told Myrddin something he found curious at the time, that he seemed to be simultaneously constrained by his environment, and yet that his happiness was fully within his control. At first Myrddin doubted whether it could be as the youngling described it, for if one is constrained by his environment, then necessarily his actions and alleged motives are merely the outputs of his environmental inputs. Though as the stallion spoke, telling Myrddin of the many he had lost along the way, and how he had grown tired of crying, the old Philosopher was forced to admit that it did indeed seem that the boy was making a cognitive effort to remain joyful.

The second fulfillment of his quest, had practically waltzed right up to Myrddin, offering his aid. While Myrddin was enjoying his morning bath in the naturally occurring hot springs of the Basin, the stallion Valentine had moped in. For all of his heartbroken ramblings and depressed sighs, the stallion had actually summed up his woes relatively poetically. I became overwhelmed, he had said, of the love that he felt for the Basin Lady, Psyche. Depression was such an odd emotion, for although, in Myrddin’s opinion, the fellow brought the situation entirely on him, and, in truth, he was better off knowing that the Lady did not return his affections, than to continue the useless charade, still he felt depressed. Ultimately, depression seemed like a very weak, and pathetic emotion. One, that even in his darkest days of being blinded, Myrddin was never reduced to.

And then there was Midas...As they walked, Myrddin sighed heavily with the thought of the crumbled pegasus. His very soul seemed to have been ruptured by some dark devil, of who the stallion did not know. His actions had done seemingly irreparable damage to Midas’ very being, due to the wounds inflicted upon his child. Myrddin had tried to console the creature, to introduce him to the idea that there could be nothing unnatural about the hateful fire growing within his breast, that truly there was nothing to apologize or feel shame over...and while the fellow had agreed that Myrddin’s words made sense, ultimately, the Philosopher felt as though he left Midas just as troubled as before. Only a confrontation with this dark devil would do the trick...

Myrddin could feel the ground beneath his hooves growing more rocky, signaling that they were closer to the Veins. The Goddess had told him that he must learn to see again...How his mind craved the opportunity to re-learn one of his primal senses...Tossing his bearded muzzle, he nosed Sin’s shoulder gently. ”You have done me a great service by bringing me here, youngling. Soon, I shall look upon your face, and give thanks.”

[Threads.
- Lover of the Light; Torasin - Joyful.
- What could have been love; Valentine - Depressed.
- The World has lost her way again; Midas - Vengeful.

Seeking passive darkxlight magic :: life-force echolocation :: ability to ‘see', by being able to sound out passive waves, and perceive the lifeforce of all around him.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
The Old Calling the Ancient | Return :: Moon, Zikar Sin, Open - by Myrddin - 03-07-2013, 10:56 PM