Stranger in my Reflection [Open]

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Ru</style>

soft to the touch.</style>

Where is Raeden?

Pale hooves touched the dry grass uncertainly, as if fearing it would bite her. It made her feel anxious and wrong to be away from the shadows of the forest where she felt she belonged. It wasn't like she didn't see the world- Rae dragged her out often enough after all. Though Hotaru had to admit that most of the time she didn't ever want to leave, and in fact only followed to make sure her twin was safe. But more often than not, Raeden would slip away from her and their mother without a sound and come back when she wanted to. This drove Hotaru to near panic attacks, knowing how arrogant and senseless her twin could be at times. Ru had always sworn to herself that she would be there for Rae, always ready to protect her. Hotaru would rather be hurt than have Raeden receive even a scratch on her perfect pelt. Though she may not like pain, and was a very quiet soul, she had the stubborn side of her parents pinned within her heart. It was the side of her that sometimes hated Rae- for her attitude, her cruel words that often stung Hotaru even further than the sad display she normally put on. Ru knew that her twin was perfect, and loved her enough that she often only stroked Raeden's ego.

Despite her conflicting emotions, Hotaru managed to keep those thoughts at bay most of the time. But with so much time in her own thoughts, not being an adventurer like Raeden, it was hard not to grow a bit bitter. So instead she tried to scour the places her twin normally frequented. It made her heart feel weak and knees similar to wander out away from Phaedra and Stella, alone. It was hard enough trying to escape her mother's watchful gaze, but if there was one thing Hotaru was good at, it was observing. So many times she'd watched and participated in Raeden's multiple escapes, as she often was the one to plan and execute them when the two of them went off together. After that, it was easy to replicate it and escape the prying eyes of her mother's companion.

But that wasn't the present. At that moment, she was nervously peeking out from the tall grass and thistle around her. Hotaru was nearly a season old, but not quite, and was still short and new like a folded up flower. The sun was warm against her back, bringing out the strawberry that coated a full half of her. Dichromatic eyes surveyed the creek just ahead, feeling a little warm despite her light coloring. Warily she glanced around, before finally gathering the courage to leave her safety blanket of tall grasses to approach the water. It had hidden her well, and she was reluctant to leave it, but she was thirsty and a little warm so in the end she was walking towards the bank with jittery steps. Silver and green eyes swept around again, just in case. Carefully she dipped her tiny muzzle and drank the surprisingly cool liquid. Once she was done, throat no longer aching and claiming abuse, Ru stared down at her reflection. It wasn't the best of mirrors, but the ripples were slow enough near the bank anyways. Sighing at the big doe eyes and prominent horn, she cast her eyes away and took a step into the creek. Shivering at the cool liquid against her leg, following with a few more steps until she stood a full pace into the creek. It hurt her to look at her own face, knowing she was so completely different. She'd never met her father, Tolio, and didn't know that the splotchy almost roaned blaze on her face was from him. Even her eyes- she hated them, wondered why she had been stuck with two different colors, one from each parent though of different shades. Sighing, she tried not to think about how pretty Raeden was, how special she must be in order to be blessed genetically. Awkwardly she shuffled a lanky leg through the water, splashing it up and around as if unsure how to play. Sometimes, she hurt herself with her own thoughts.

<333

[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Stranger in my Reflection [Open] - by Hotaru - 03-08-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: Stranger in my Reflection [Open] - by Tingal - 03-09-2013, 12:04 AM
RE: Stranger in my Reflection [Open] - by Hotaru - 03-10-2013, 01:28 AM
RE: Stranger in my Reflection [Open] - by Tingal - 03-12-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Stranger in my Reflection [Open] - by Hotaru - 03-13-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Stranger in my Reflection [Open] - by Tingal - 04-05-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: Stranger in my Reflection [Open] - by Hotaru - 04-09-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Stranger in my Reflection [Open] - by Tingal - 04-10-2013, 07:00 PM