the Rift

Invasion Round Four :: Closing Defense
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Ultimately the painted draft fell, as I knew he eventually would. Who could stand against so many with so few warriors? Tharos had been stubborn, foolish and a little stupid; but he also proved very hard to put down. As a team we had thrown everything at this stallion including, magic. It was yet to be decided if my thoughts toward this man where that he was courageously brave, or just plain dense.

My blades dripped with his blood, and only when shoved into a state of pure agony did he finally realize just how futile it was to stand in opposition. Ophelia’s bitter cry filled the air signaling that this fray was concluded. I felt no shame, nor remorse—this was what war did. I stayed my weapons and lunged for the sky again after passing the fallen warrior.

This had been a lucky day, by far I was one of the least bruised and battered; moaning about weariness wouldn’t be a privilege. Body angled mid-air, turning to find Apollo also intact; and though he likely didn’t notice, I smiled. For him, and our victory. His steps led off toward his white mistress, leaving me alone with my Sultana. Scanning the fallen and those that still stood by, attention was captured by the sight of an ebony form laid across the meadow like a fallen angel.

I had expected to rejoice with Ktulu, and instead I find her among the collapsed. My heart seizes with panic, pitching forward these appendages push out what little speed they have left. I flew toward the only girl who held my heart. Legs extended on approach caressing earth with gentle thumps as armored face falls toward her sleeping head. Velvet voice, soft and tender whispers gently, “Ktulu?” as I scan the girl for threatening injuring, not bothering to hide a relieved sigh when none could be found.

Words:: 314

Injuries:: None

Summary:: Goes to stand next to Ktulu, to protect her from further injury.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invasion Round Four :: Closing Defense - by Ariadnê - 03-09-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: Invasion Round Four :: Closing Defense - by Midas - 03-10-2013, 05:24 PM