the Rift

Carving a Way Forward [VOTG pass, any god]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon
Photobucket

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Lightning split the sky, opening up a heavy rainfall that soaked through the back of a dunskin stallion as he walked along a bridge of stone that connected the mainland to the Veins. Rivulets ran down the stud's sides as he snorted and shook the excess water from his mane. He might as well have added ice cubes to a glass of tea in the arctic for all the good it would do. The rain fell so heavily that it bounced off the surface of the stone and the surrounding ocean to create a mist. Thunder rumbled in a 5 second delay after the flash, and Tio couldn't help but to mentally congratulate himself on choosing a night with such wonderful weather. Heavy sarcasm implied. Still, his reasons for coming here were important enough that he did not complain and he continued on his way until he reached the ruined shrines of the gods. Standing in the middle of the circle, Tio looked at each one in turn, his mind going over the choice he had to make once more.

Power, Companionship, or Love?

His mind went over the pros and cons of each, and considering his current predicament, he realized which would be the most prudent to ask for. Tio needed power, it was the one thing he lacked that he felt naked without. Vulnerability was a hard thing to get used to, and he dared not go up against a mare who had magic when he so obviously lacked it. Stomping one of his back legs out of finality, the stallion let out a snort and lifted his voice above the rain in a clarion whinny.

"I do not care which of you answers my call, I just hope one of you is willing to hear my plea. My apologies for coming in such weather. I would not blame any of you for not answering me in the rain. However, I had to make sure I was not being followed. No one would be able to track my steps with all this coming down." He fell silent to let the rain and the wind pound against him and toss his words about. Waiting. The silence stretched and Tio hated it. These gods were nothing like the ones he was used to and learning a new system was infuriating, even if the very low influence these gods had over how Helovia governed itself was a relief from the more hands-on approach that he was used to from gods.

It was a warm, rainy Tallsun night and Tio was waiting in silence for his prayer to be answered, as any common mortal would when they sought blessings from the higher beings.

any god
using a VOTG pass

Messages In This Thread
Carving a Way Forward [VOTG pass, any god] - by Catillatio - 03-09-2013, 12:47 PM