Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable

Jasiri</style>
Foal
Morning sunshine.
</style>

Dear Romani, Xanthos, Azel and Kasai,

Today I promised to learn my words, not just my letters; so there I went galumping off into the forest, little pale hooves drumming a swift tattoo on the forest floor, the dirt soft under my feet, the grass a sweet carpet to roll in and filled with flowers I sneezed on when I smelt 'em. Truly, it was quite wonderful, this morning, the sun shining down, the grass smelling sweet, even though I don't eat grass yet; the sun was warm and my tail was a-twitching. I was raring to go! I rolled and I leaped and I jumped and pranced, all under the noon's love.

It was still early enough ma wasn't far from me, although I think da was off to doing his da-things, melting in the forest shadows. I was jealous of him, being able to do dat- I want to melt too, disappear, but with my golden coat it's harder to disappear. I wish it 'was different but it's not, so I keep my lips sealed and continue to watch in jealousy. When he's gone, I try to do it as well. Maybe it's natural of him, with his gray coat. Sometimes I only think I can see his amber eyes peeping out at me, and nuthin' else. Not fair! I want to disappear too. There is one thing I'm proud of- every day that pass my horn grows sharper as I slowly wean off ma's milk. I have to be more careful now not to spike her when I suckle. Hopefully she's noticed my eff... erts- efferts, yes, to try not to hurt her, and I hope she's noticed my horn's getting longer! Someday I want a nice, long, sharp horn like da. Speaking of which, the only horses I've seen are horses- they ain't got no horn, which confuses me. Did they fall off? What if my pretty horn falls off? I love my horn! It's white and pearly.

I snuffle at the grass and the flowers, shivering in excitement, as I go about naming things in the edge, by the silver shrine that looms over me. Not sure what that thing is for. Doesn't seem very useful to me, but I know it's name so it's good enough. "Im'ma word learn." I proclaim to the world, twitching my long tail. I look around me. First, down. "Bug." I tell a small red bird- "You bug." I add. "Imma yellow. Sun yellow." I take a step or two. "Grass. Greeen." I like the sound of green... "Sky. Blue." Sky be a funny word. S-kay.

Ma, you would never believe what happened next!

Love,
Jasiri

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
cliff image by John and Tina Reid at gettyimages.com

Messages In This Thread
Talk, talk, talk [open] - by Jasiri - 03-09-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: Talk, talk, talk [open] - by Luken - 03-10-2013, 04:22 AM
RE: Talk, talk, talk [open] - by Sakura - 03-19-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: Talk, talk, talk [open] - by Jasiri - 03-21-2013, 05:11 PM