The Fly and The Spider [Ariadne`]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon
Photobucket

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

"Hello?"

The voice jerked the stallion from his train of thought as his ears pricked forwards to catch where the sound had come from. Since he was upwind of her, he could not scent her presence, which was annoying as it meant he had to rely on echos to locate the source. Eventually, he broke into a hobbled gait, his visit to the veins becoming clear to everyone now as he limped forwards on a foreleg that would not bend and sent spikes of agony through his mind whenever he tried. It was like having a splint in his knee, the swollen bone joint was painful to step on and it was impossible to move. While the stallion wasn't about to complain for fear that the gods would hear him and require him to do something even more infuriating for a longer period of time, lameness was a difficult thing to get used to.

Eventually, he hobbled close enough to the cave to stick his head inside and he saw the same mare he had seen on the battlefield in the Foothills, pressing her wounded body against the wall of ice, probably gathering comfort from the pain as much as he would like to. His expression was unreadable, although this was more because thoughts were whirling through the stallions head, and Tio had yet to decide how he should handle the situation to turn it into one where he had the advantage. Eventually, the dunskin came to a decision and gave her a light smile. His expression melting from mysterious into a very-well-feigned sympathetic smile.

"Well, well... hello, there." The tone of his voice was lighthearted, sing-song, and easily classified as deceptive simply because when he spoke, he sounded like an adder hissing his prey into a hypnosis before their imminent deaths. "I saw you in the battle at the Foothills. Four against one is an impressive feat to survive. You fight well, I'm highly interested in knowing your name, you know my dear. You may call me Tio." the ridges above his eyes raised as he stretched his neck forwards to greet her by sniffing at her nose. When he drew back, his eyes fell to the swollen joint of his right foreleg, which was the cause of his pain and frustration. "As you can see, we seem to be in the same boat as far as our physical health is concerned. If I may ask, where were you going? Perhaps we can search help together. A brace for me and a few bandages for you? If nothing else, we can lean on each other. What do you say?" He asked, still in that deceptively charming tone of his.

He leaned against the wall of ice too, the coldness soothing the swollen heat of his knee as he conversed with her. The stag's green eyes seemed to gleam in the blue half-light, as his pupils roved across her contours, taking in her flaws and perfections, and judging her beauty based one what he saw. She reminded him of Seele, in a way, although much lighter in color and decidedly lacking in a horn. It was a relief to find an equine like him that seemed more than willing and able to give back as much shit as life chose to burden her with. At least he thought she was like that from what he had witnessed from the sidelines of the battle. He was usually good at judging a horse's character from observation, and he had a feeling this mare would be useful to him. Thus, he had already started on his normal trek of the manipulation process he found was the most fail-safe.

He treated her with kindness and tried to be as charming as he could be, while being upfront and straight-forward about his superficial desires... all the while keeping the truth shrouded in darkness and feeding her little bits of it at a time. This was the web he began to spin around her, wrapping her up in a cocoon of spider threads like a fly getting caught in a web. If things went the way he planned, she wouldn't realize the truth until the spider was draining the vitality from her frail mind. For she had stumbled across a monstrosity and knew not what she faced as of yet...

Ariadne`played by Vallie
Slightly changing the timeline so that this takes place after his visit to the veins. That way, they can be injured together. xD

Messages In This Thread
The Fly and The Spider [Ariadne`] - by Catillatio - 03-09-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: The Fly and The Spider [Ariadne`] - by Ariadnê - 03-10-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: The Fly and The Spider [Ariadne`] - by Catillatio - 03-11-2013, 03:11 AM