the Rift

Was This Fate That Brought Me Knocking On Your Door [ANY WELCOME]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Nadira shifted through the snow-laden floor of the Aurora Basin. It hadn’t been too long ago she had come to these lands with Willow. And now here she found herself again: only this time, alone. She wasn’t quite sure the welcoming she would receive this time around, but she had felt a little mercy and grace from the Basin’s healer on her previous visit, if only it was because of her race. She couldn’t be too picky, as she had been searching for her own kind, and here they were. But at what price had she found herself at the doorstep of such a frigid climate. Surely she would be either one, growing a winter coat, or two, adjusting to the bitter temperature of the north.

She sighed heavily, as the elevation level was increasing and the oxygen intake was decreasing. Even the slightest amount, Nadira felt the acute difference in her lungs. Frost escaped her delicate muzzle and icy cold fingers curled their way through the morning haze to wrap themselves around her snowy physique. Her horn, like the rest of her body, faded into the scenery. Maybe here she would finally blend in and be less of a distraction. At this, she thought of Tharos and the Grey invading the Foothills. Surely the Basin would accept her, wouldn’t they?

She prayed her acceptence would be anything but based on sympathy, as she hadn’t grown attached to the Foothills. It had only been a means of shelter for the time being, before she really had a hold of her surroundings and where she truly fit in. But during her stay in the Foothills, she had been introduced to many kinds of the equine race in general. And so far, the wolf horse and Tharos had dug their way into a place she wished would just disappear. But one could not control everything, and maybe that is what scared her the most. Not being able to control the one thing that frightened you.

Sapphire glaciers pierced the fog and surveyed the land as she entered deeper into the territory no other specie would dare to. The only thing she had protecting her at this point was the fact she was a unicorn. And for quite sometime, she had felt she had been the last of her kind. But having arrived in Helovia, she had come to the knowledge that the unicorn was thriving quite nicely in this world. Though she highly doubted the potential of any of the unicorns who inhabited the Basin, to know her from her homeland, the world of Luster. A world created specially for unicorns alone, with the exception of other minorities who had made Luster their home as well.

Nadira wasn’t exactly sure what or who she was looking for. But maybe the one who was in charge would be a better aim than none at all. With stealth like precision, her flawless and silent strides carried her like a shadow on the ocean’s tide, only but a figment of a child’s imagination. Maybe if it hadn’t been for the invasion on the Foothills, she wouldn’t find herself venturing north. She preferred the warmer air, but maybe all that was needed was time.

She couldn’t stop thinking of Tharos, and maybe this was her way of protecting herself. But if she dared to see him, she would have to do that in secrecy. It wasn’t difficult to see the Basin thought themselves better than all the other races, and if that was the case, then all the more to put into practices her many masks and appearances. It would be time to test what she had learned in her human form, if it too would carry over and do her good. All she needed now was a new beginning. Hopefully the Basin had the answers.

ooo: I just read rayo's absent post, so this is now open. I messaged rayo about having nadira possibly join the basin.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
Was This Fate That Brought Me Knocking On Your Door [ANY WELCOME] - by Nadira - 03-10-2013, 12:48 AM