the Rift

Was This Fate That Brought Me Knocking On Your Door [ANY WELCOME]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Nadira witnessed patches of ebony against the backdrop inching closer to where she was. Stopping and slightly moving to one side, so as to not be in the way, she picked up the tune that escaped the soul of a male and for the first time, in what felt like ages, a smile creased her maw. How good it felt to know she had nearly been missed. Elated by this fact, she let her orbs wander over the frame of the creature who had almost missed her. Of gypsy breeding, she concluded, with his monochrome coloring and heavy feathering. She half frowned and furrowed her brow, as his build was similar to that of Tharos’s. But she couldn’t let that fact weigh her down or get in the way.

The monochromatic essence of the unicorn would have replied to the stallion’s remark, had she not sensed another making her way to the duo. This dark creature had to be the lady in charge. It was hard not to miss the presence she held. It was the way she scrutinized Nadira. But the mare of white could have cared less to being so worked over. If there was anything to hide, she would be surprised even if this dark lady could wield it out of her. But it wasn’t something she wanted to dawdle in at the moment. She needed to find a place to relocate to and fast. The knowing outcome if she did not disappear now, she would be found and it would be harder to vanish as she had hoped.

In greeting, Nadira bowed her façade in respect, as she still could be considered a trespasser, and that would do her no good. Bringing up her icy sapphire orbs to gaze upon her greeters she let her calming lyrics drift on the northern breeze, in response to the statements made in close proximity of each other. “Your words are welcomed.” It was her way of accepting their compliments at blending in so well. At least, she took it as a compliment, but she supposed it could be understand differently and with different meaning.

Looking to the darker form, her inquiry as to why she was here would be answered carefully. She didn’t want any pity or sympathy for the loss of the Foothills. But she would like to be offered a place she could disappear to and get some breathing room, maybe permanently.

“I have come in search of my kind, seeing as the invasion of the Foothills was successful. I can no longer stay in a land that has been invaded by outcasts.”

She wielded her lyrics carefully, lacing them and stitching them together in a way to speak truth and to distort the hidden lies. When she had first arrived, Nadira had fallen into a comfortable hole, not having to watch her back like she had to back on earth, in human form.

“I am Nadira. I had accompanied Willow, the Foothill’s healer, here on busy not too long ago. It was then I realized there were more of us.”

There was a little hint of venom in her last sentence. It wasn’t for the reasons that one would think. She held her tongue as she had anticipated speaking her mind further, of how disappointed she was to find her race still in hiding. She couldn’t get past the truth that as a unicorn, it seemed that hiding oneself from the dangers of lurking shadows was a current problem even here, in Helovia. Had her kind not suffered enough when man chased her family to the world of Luster and then followed them there to finish them off? A burning itch that had fallen to an ember, now flamed with desire and passion she had not felt since her transformation. If she could not help her family back in Luster, maybe she would be able to use her skills here and help her kind, now that she was restored to her rightful essence.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was This Fate That Brought Me Knocking On Your Door [ANY WELCOME] - by Nadira - 03-17-2013, 03:27 PM