the Rift

When you're pretty.[Open]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Seeing the glow to her face as he complimented her, his own slightly sideways smile came shyly to his visage. Dark ears never turned from his voice, and though he had before been told that his silent and unwavering focus could be a bit intense, her own gaze was proving to make him feel the same. How was someone like him supposed to handle a mare as flirtatious and stunning as her? Kaj was not of the suave or promiscuous orientation, and her attentions- fake or true they may be- made him more confused than outgoing. Sweet soprano touched his ears and drew him back to the present, smiling indulgently at her when she asked to be taken to his home. He would never deny a wanderer, and especially not a lady, the chance at a family. Winking and fluttering her lashes made him turn his crown slightly to the side, wings shuffling nervously. What in the world was she doing? Nevertheless he answered her, not one to judge based on actions. After all, how could he judge her when he had no idea what had made her who she was? "Of course you may return home with me. The Edge will welcome you eagerly." Though...he didn't actually know how Mirage and Thor would react to her. Would they know why she acted in such a way? Surely they had more experience with personalities such as hers than he did?

Raised around mares that would sooner kill you than give you the time of day, the presence of his young sister had been completely different. Back then, weakness meant death, and though nature took her before the end of her second year she had always been sweet and gentle. Since then, Kaj had been very aware of how anyone, male or female, young or old, could truly be scared by anything. Instincts of protection moved into his life and personality far past his duties as a warrior. Whether Scarter was lying or otherwise, hearing she had been frightened even mildly had him softening towards her. Though he couldn't distinguish lies and truth from her, he always had a radar for malicious intent, and with none coming off of her he was inclined to believe her. So when her head came beneath his, he assumed it was for comfort. Tucking her gently to his chest he raise a wing over her back, settling it gently over her spine. "There is nothing to fear, miss Scarter. Come with me, I will take you to my home." Gently he urged her forward, only then removing the embrace and striding forth to lead the way. Not wanting her to trip, and definitely not wanting her to feel afraid again, he kept his flanks even with her shoulders, irises turning and giving her a flash of the sky each time he checked to make sure she was unharmed and safe beside him. He could ask Mirage about his confusion over her actions later, for now it was his task to lead her to her hopefully new family.

::tag- Scarter
::notes- it's quite alright <3 I'm sure we can start a new thread in the Edge, PM me if you'd like to make it or me since we can't have OOC notes. Feel free to reply after this if you'd like, as well. (That also failed really bad, ugh. Why.)

Messages In This Thread
When you're pretty.[Open] - by Scarter - 03-10-2013, 08:13 AM
RE: When you're pretty.[Open] - by Kaj - 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: When you're pretty.[Open] - by Scarter - 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
RE: When you're pretty.[Open] - by Kaj - 03-12-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: When you're pretty.[Open] - by Scarter - 04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: When you're pretty.[Open] - by Kaj - 04-05-2013, 03:26 AM