the Rift

You just have to try [open]

Tempest Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My sides still rubbed from the straps that had once fastened round my waist, strapping my wings down so tight to my sides that they would sweat in the heat of the ring where I had been forced to leap though fire rings, stranded above ground level on a small podium. My eye's dart round wildly. What if there were more humans? More of the two legged beasts? More whips? More straps? More fire? I panic, my ears flatten against my skull and my eyes rolling back in fear. I bolt forward, my head lowering down then being thrown back up with a wild whinny. My mane and tail stream out behind me like a stormy sea. Soon my body is sweated up round the top of my legs and my underbelly. I felt sick. I didn't want to stop running, nor did I want to continue.

Eventually I have to stop and I almost collapse. I fall onto my front legs which bend, as if I was bowing in the ring except with less grace and more of a thud as my weight falls down on my knees. I recover though, throwing my head back, my body following in a rear, my front legs kicking about wildly. When my hoofs land firmly on the ground my nostrils flare and I snort. I stamp a back hoof as a lone fly buzzes around and I flick my tail. Where was I? Why was I here? So alone? I hated being alone. I had always been alone in life unless you can call countless monkeys and three elephants and a pride of lions friends. I shiver. I wasn't cold, in fact I was far from it, I was scared. Worried. Alone.

Messages In This Thread
You just have to try [open] - by Tempest - 03-10-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: You just have to try [open] - by Storm - 03-10-2013, 10:44 AM
RE: You just have to try [open] - by Tempest - 03-10-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: You just have to try [open] - by Storm - 03-11-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: You just have to try [open] - by Tempest - 03-11-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: You just have to try [open] - by Storm - 03-11-2013, 11:28 AM
RE: You just have to try [open] - by Storm - 03-12-2013, 06:00 AM
RE: You just have to try [open] - by Tempest - 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: You just have to try [open] - by Storm - 03-12-2013, 02:43 PM