the Rift

if you cannot defeat them, join them. [ophelia or ktulu?]

Argetlam Posts: 51
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 7
Adoptable

He was burning.

When his eyes first lifted and he first inhaled, his lungs quivered under the devouring, consuming pain that exploded into being. Being knocked out had its pros; he, at least, had not been in such pain. Muscles, soft and untried, ached deeply, to what felt like his bone, and he had but hardly participated before realizing his atrocious behavior in attacking, going against everything he believed in. It must've been the dragons, he felt certain, seeing their shining scales and glittering brightness, flashing in the warm light of the rising sun. Unlike some, he was aware of his obsession with dragons- most of the time he couldn't quite decide if that was okay or an unhealthy thing for his simplistic, peaceful mind.

Where were they, anyways? One had been silver. Glorious, shining, shimmering silver, with spines crimson and bloody red; from his maw had roared not a flame, but ice and crackling electricity that smote him, sent him crashing down. Even now in the pain that consumed him, he admired the dragon, the dragon's glittering claws and bright eyes, wings flaring in the sunlight. Maybe the sunlight part was just a small part of when he went unconscious. He was not quite certain, for it seemed to partake in the moments where reality and dreams blend together so seamlessly one cannot tell the other apart. The draft lying on his flank, half-dozing, half-conscious, thought to the second dragon. Royal blue. What a gorgeous color... no doubt a fire-breather. Argetlam longed for a dragon of his own, a companion to cherish, one who would light the metal and help him with his metal crafting skill. He cared not for the color of the small, curious creatures, but for its love and friendship. Isdira was not quite as nice as one would hope in a sister, after all, with her gruff, abrupt ways and sarcasm.

Slowly, tentatively, the great gray body laying out lifted one eyelid over soft honey eyes, squinting slightly. With infinite caution for his massive form, he lifted his head, one cheek even more dusty and dirty than usual, more brown than silver. As he moved, he became aware of all the small pains, where the rocks dug into his skin, chafing uncomfortably on his hide. It took effort to just breathe, to ignore the half-numb, half-tingling sensation of his back, but eventually, the Shire stood, and naturally he shook, hard, dust erupting from his silver coat. Despite the exploding pain, it felt better to remove the sheets of dirt from his skin- normally he was rarely bothered by being dirty, but be covered in blood clotting with dust was another story.

Argetlam turned his head, squinting hazily, trying to make do with the rising sun in his eyes. The battle must've been brief- unless he slept until next day's noon- and it seemed eerily quiet. Who were the invaders? Rather, where were they? And what course of action did Argetlam wish to take? Little idea did the knocked out stallion have that he and the former inhabitants were to be kicked out, booted from the Foothills. Argetlam had no want to leave his home. He knew little of the invaders anyways. Perhaps the leaders had dragons as companions. In any case, the metal-bender did not mind staying, and continuing his creations, if that was okay. He could offer his service, give a gift or two as he loved. Never did he want to leave the vast quantities of metal to be found near the mountains, but neither did he want confrontation over staying. I can see what they want.

"'scuse me," The huge stallion calls softly, setting off at a slow, aching amble through the trees. There were sure to be some of the others around... and he was certain his family was gone, for the air stank of new horses. "Argetlam, sirs and misses. I'm a crafter. I don't have any intention to fight, but I would like to stay if I may. Perhaps I could stay and continue my metal-bending? Serve as mason, if you like, but I'm happy to stay or go as you want."

[I will say he was chased off if you would rather. I understand the Gray was intending to kick out all former inhabitants but considering he was knocked out, I'm not sure if he would miss that or not :/ and horses can't exactly drag other horses away. He would to remain in the herd as a mason if possible.]

Messages In This Thread
if you cannot defeat them, join them. [ophelia or ktulu?] - by Argetlam - 03-10-2013, 10:23 PM