the Rift

Time to Heal || Edge Healers, Injured

Tharos Posts: 37
Banned atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hands :: 9 years old HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

You're only North Star I would follow this far...

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

The fitful rise and fall of Tharos's side was an indicator that his life had yet to ebb. The stallion, despite being a foolish warrior, was a strong-willed fighter in the end. He had too many things going on to leave them all behind. To hide from the possibility of death, Tharos's mind had plunged him into a dream. He stood on the soil of his old planet. The monochromatic land was pensive in it's emptiness. Puddles of silver liquid littered the ground. Tharos knew that, if disturbed, these puddles would become alive. For fun, he stepped in one to see what would happen. The liquid shivered and collected itself into a large ball, rising off the ground to float at eye level with him. He smiled and blew at it with his nostrils and a ripple passed over the surface of the ball. The resulting wind pushed the ball away from him and it floated off on it's way to find a quieter place to pool.

Feeling at least 5 winters younger, the stallion trotted after it. The density of the planet's gravity acted on him in such a way that he almost had difficulty moving his legs. He had grown out of practice with it's force, as it'd been almost a year since he'd last been here. Rising the crest of a stone hill, he slowed to a stop and looked up at the vastly different map of stars and the two moons floating in duality. The arms of a nebula painted the sky in pinks and oranges, lending color to his otherwise monochromatic life. Taking a deep breath, the stallion felt a sense of security overcome his heart, it was the feeling of being home.

"Tharos!" He pricked his ears at the sound of someone calling his name and he turned to see the young grullo filly he had spent some time around rearing back on her hindlegs with a playful laugh. As the goddess of space in his homeland, her company was more than welcome and humbling in it's own way. Smiling, Tharos tried to create a star for them to play with as a ball, but his power failed. He wondered why, before he realized something. This was a dream. His heart sank a little, but the filly did not seem downhearted. Catching onto his sadness, she created two stars and sent one zooming towards him in a shower of sparks. The ball of burning light crashed against his shoulder and pain lanced through his body as the injuries in his side were hit. Stumbling aside, he glared at her with mock fury before he sent the star back at her and the play fight began.

It was moments like these that made my life worth living. The Filly Goddess was playful and kind and the times when she visited me alone on my planet, were the moments of light in my dark world... He thought as he went through the actions of the snowball fight played with stars. As he played, the scene slowly faded into a backdrop as he became half-asleep and was aware of his body laughing and running across the surface of a planet he once called home, as well as the hard ground stretching out under his body as he lay where he had fallen. Eventually, the pain of his wounds caught up with his mind and chased off the last traces of his dream.

Blinking open his silver-blue eyes, the stallion looked up out of the corner of his line of sight at Nadira calling for Torasin. He could hear the terror in her voice and wondered if she was that afraid of losing him. His heart twisted, with pity. He had not meant to put her through such heartache. weakly, the stallion raised his head and nudged the pink of his muzzle against her leg. Without saying anything, he let his head drop to the ground again, although he gave her a look full of affection. He wanted to tell her the truth, but he could not find the words. Besides, they'd just met the day before, how could he, in clear conscience, tell her something like that without getting to know her. How could he say "I want to stick with you for the long-haul" if he could not honestly say he knew her.

He wondered if his behavior before had pushed her away rather than pull her closer to him and fear pierced his heart as he thought she might want to leave him here. He hoped that wasn't true, though the thought wouldn't leave him alone and he suddenly couldn't think of life without her there. His expression was a mix of emotion as he looked up at her. From his vantage point, she was huge, and her white body put the clouds to shame as they hung in the sky above.

The stud grimaced as he sighed and the motion made his wound throb. He hoped that this Torasin was a skilled healer, because he was kind of a pussy when it came to pain. He knew he had to say something, though, so he would grit his teeth through the pain as he took another breath and nickered up at her. The vibrations in his gut causing the wounds to sting and his bruised muscles to ache. "Nadira..." He began. His throat died and he became aware of phlegm built up in his mouth. He coughed, earning another twinge, and began again. "Nadira, I... Promise me... you'll s-stay here. ...With me."

Nadira, played by S3ilver
Torasin, played by imi
Open Thread

Messages In This Thread
Time to Heal || Edge Healers, Injured - by Mirage - 03-10-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: Time to Heal || Edge Healers, Injured - by Tharos - 03-12-2013, 02:51 AM
RE: Time to Heal || Edge Healers, Injured - by Ariadnê - 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM