the Rift

Kammen [Fire Magic Drop]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The sea was calm, a bright moon shinned above to light the path of those that traveled to its shores. A soft evening breeze hums through my mane and tickles the hair of my forelock until both are shoved behind as my body slowly descends a familiar dune of sand only for eyes to witness something rather extraordinary. Spheres of fires, spheres of power. I pause, staring at the lovely balls of light as if witnessing a vision. Surely they would simply evaporate from this earth if I approached?

Fina, who was sleeping quietly on my back stirs. Her eyes opening to greet the astounding sight before us. It didn’t matter why we had come, what mattered was that we had arrived at exactly the right time for an interesting adventure. Quietly as I might, my hooves slowly lead a path toward the glowing ball that was hovering 10 or so feet from earth, its light falling against the pale sand.

You know I need you, we all do.
You are life, but you kill too.
Little by little, you can torture the mind.
We can leave our mother, but not you behind.
A simple formula, your creation.
With moonlight, lovers' fascination.

Nervous, and curious; muzzle raises upon approach. One other had entered the beach, drawn for whatever reason; I take no notice as a strange mare fans one of the other orbs. Drawing a breath when I finally am resting beneath its power, my voice softly asks, “What are you?” Childlike wonderance, two sets of eyes are now watching this magical thing, by now my firechild had woken fully and was peering at the orb with a calculating stare. The wings upon my back rise away from my side out of caution should these blessed spheres turn out to be deadly.

Commala come, come; it's time to pick, the fun's begun.

Moving from my spine, the child rises quietly; wings alight with flames from heaven. Talons extend as she reaches outward with her tips, wondering what effect grasping the ball would have. Nervously I murmur, "Be careful." Her wings could embrace it if she so chose.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Kammen [Fire Magic Drop] - by Random Event - 03-11-2013, 12:12 AM
RE: Kammen [Fire Magic Drop] - by Ursula - 03-11-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: Kammen [Fire Magic Drop] - by Midas - 03-11-2013, 02:38 PM
RE: Kammen [Fire Magic Drop] - by Lana - 03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: Kammen [Fire Magic Drop] - by Azzaron - 03-11-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Kammen [Fire Magic Drop] - by Sulwyn - 03-11-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: Kammen [Fire Magic Drop] - by Nadira - 03-11-2013, 11:20 PM
RE: Kammen [Fire Magic Drop] - by Onni - 03-11-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Kammen [Fire Magic Drop] - by Random Event - 03-11-2013, 11:33 PM