the Rift

From The Night [NPC]

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

I have been waiting an eternity.

For so long, I have been hoping one would find my keep. It was an eon ago that my life ended, that I had sacrificed myself off these very cliffs - though they were shaped differently back then.

I awoke with a start, the senses the afterlife had bestowed upon me work differently to the senses living creatures possess, but I was able to effectively know when one walked into my region of this land. I had hid it with the thickest of mists, the harshest of paths, the densest of forests, intending to test the one who would dream to discover my treasure.

I came forth from the mists in a veil of light, the rough, wispy outline of my former canine body evident. I was white, though the area where my eyes were meant to be was a bottomless pit of abysmal black. I peered at the one who would reach my treasure, for she had come this far, she would surely complete the journey.

Yes, I decide with finality, today my treasure will be found.

With dancing steps, I bound towards the filly, illuminating the path for her, parting the mists, a low song springing forth from my lips to encourage her. Without waiting, I bound away again, and lead her towards the keep of my most treasured item.

It is an orb, and it glows the same way in which I do - for it is encased in a rare substance. Upon my death I gave my soul to my only child, I preserved her until such a time as one worthy came along to breathe life into her once more.

I bend over my child once more, embracing it with my light, before I look to the filly with a sad smile upon my lips. With nothing more than that, I vanish, fading to join the ether around us, once and for all.

Messages In This Thread
From The Night [NPC] - by Essetia - 03-11-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: From The Night [NPC] - by NPC - 03-14-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: From The Night [NPC] - by Essetia - 03-14-2013, 07:10 PM