the Rift

The Long Way Home [Phi | Open]

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

Did she know the Grey? What she knew of them was very little; in fact all she knew of them was their lack of humility when it came to getting what they wanted. But could she blame them for something she would have done if she’d been placed in their position? Had they not fought for family and the pride that came with such a heavy title? Truth be told, she couldn’t hold a candle to their acts of propriety. They hadn’t asked for war but merely insisted that if their demands were not upheld then they would be forced to violence. Jackal had not been among the Foothills to support their decision to participate in the invasion and perhaps if he had been, a better solution could have been agreed upon.

But where were her thoughts leading her?

Had she not just days ago felt entirely the opposite? But what, really, had she been fighting for? It certainly wasn’t a place among “friend and family” because she had yet to even call them that. So maybe, just maybe, there was nothing standing in the way of her acceptance other than pride. She wet her lips in preparation to endure once again what she felt was best but something caught her eye. Perhaps it had been just a stray branch in the distance, swaying in the dry breeze, but she turned her head just the same. What she saw there was really nothing other than a few leaves dancing in the wind, but somehow it didn’t sit well with her.

Was she just a leaf blowing in the breeze, searching for purpose that she was unsure if she could ever find?

Truth be told, she felt lost in a mix of emotions and when she turned back to gaze into those two-toned eyes that looked entirely too forgiving, she found hope. It was not a hope that came from her acceptance into the Grey but more so a hope that she hadn’t been wrong to seek such a thing. “If that is what you are then I believe that I can agree to your terms. My code, as you say has been unchanged since the day I became part of this land. But as a part of this land I am only that- I was never given the chance to swear loyalty to anyone other than myself and I offer it to you and your Grey should you have me.

For a moment she paused, her eyes widening in a sense of realization. There was much ahead of her and while the road looked dim, she believed there to be a light beyond the darkness. Time and again she had fought the possession of her will but at least here, it would be put to good use (as far as she could tell). This Grey, no matter what their plans, saw more than a pretty face and planned to shape something of her nothing. That was enough for her to decide upon. “Put purpose behind your words and see them fulfilled.

Messages In This Thread
The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-11-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-13-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-14-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-14-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-15-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-17-2013, 11:58 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-18-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-19-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-20-2013, 10:41 PM