the Rift

The Long Way Home [Phi | Open]

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

The sudden passing of darkness across Ophelia’s face alarmed the golden girl for a moment; had she said something out of turn? For a time she debated the possibility but when her eyes returned to mare, the sorrow that had been present had long passed and appreciation dwelled in its wake. What did Ophelia see in her anyhow? Perhaps she would never know and she really didn’t feel much for asking and so she let it lie. That had somehow become her motto in life as of late- “Let it lie, just let it lie.” A rather gusty breeze began to toy with her frosted threads and she chanced a single glance out into the dunes, she was thankful for this chance to redeem herself… She was thankful for this new start.

Ailith chuckled lightly at the other mare’s assumptions upon returning her attentions to the frosted Queen. “I wouldn’t call it honesty as much as admission. ” The conversation had grown a bit more balanced in that Ailith no longer felt obliged to fulfill the other’s expectations. A respect had been established between the two, at least as far as the golden mare was concerned. She couldn’t speak on behalf of Ophelia though.

Again a tinkling laugh erupted from the little mare’s gut; she was certainly in the best of company as entertaining as she was. “I’m not certain that I would call them inspiring, though I thank you for your optimism. It is a great relief in light of recent events.” Her voice seemed to trail off now as she thought back to the battle despite her former exuberance. Her heart had been there, in the fight, but where had it gone afterwards? She wasn’t certain whether she had lost it somewhere along the way or if it simply hadn’t existed before the invasion. “I do not doubt your intentions in the least and in fact find them moving- you acted in your best interest. It is the least that you could do to maintain the empire that backed you, believed in you. I fear that I cannot say the same for Jackal in his reign...

Ailith looked pained now, torn between trying to justify Jackal’s cruel lack of caring and merely letting the thought die. Of course, in spite of her need to validate him, there was no feeling left in his name. “A pleasure to meet you, I am Ailith.

Messages In This Thread
The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-11-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-13-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-14-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-14-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-15-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-17-2013, 11:58 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-18-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-19-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-20-2013, 10:41 PM