the Rift

Sing Something New

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

These precious moments and all that was to follow would help shape my life. This woman I’d learn to call ‘momma’ would mold the way I would approach every aspect of a situation for years to come. It was a heavy burden, a responsibility to care for innocent souls. Yet not all could be born this way, already she had given me a gift that not many children had. A parent. Unending love. Commitment. I could feel her comforting touch in response to my curious nuzzles, it is warm and forgiving of all transgressions. In her presence I could do no wrong, in this moment we were happy; and though I didn’t know the word I was so overjoyed that it felt as if fluttering heart might speed through my chest.

Love blossoms, like a spring flower. A seed has been planted by this gentle mare and her alone would it be seen to full height. Gently she warms this body and I silently sigh from the tender attentions that was soothing my fur into a state that was much more comfortable and dry. We bond. Soon I would be a fluffy purple ball of legs. These dual eyes hadn’t yet caught a glimpse of all the wonders that my mother now beheld. Being a base creature by nature, as soon as I was mostly free of sticky afterbirth my stomach began to grumble irritably. My tummy had grown used to being greedy in sapping nutrients from mother at will; now it seemed I would actually have to put forth effort when nourishment was needed.

Sensitive olfactory could almost taste the fragrance of something sweet. Something that was almost as good as mommas scent, and it was close by. Instinct started to kick in, muzzle stretched toward the promising odor; but I found it out of reach. I would have to rise as momma had. Stretching my right forelimb and then the other, I bent to sniff at the dark fur that so resembled the ebony of my mother’s barrel. At first I did nothing and then with a surge I pushed willingly through my backlegs, knowing the motion—but also not knowing the motion.

I flopped and landed with a little thud back on my side, hindquarters sprawled out like bramble twigs. This motion was repeated, and repeated. The end result was very nearly the same, except after a while not only got tired of trying but also began to get better at it. ,Eventually I was able to get halfway up, with my fronthalf toward the ground and rear hanging in the air. It was startling at first, tiny muscles flex as I hold a shaky halfway position before slowly straightening and just posing there. I’m trembling, from fatigue, and hunger but at least I’m standing.
credits

Messages In This Thread
Sing Something New - by Faelene - 03-11-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Sielu - 03-12-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Phaedra - 03-16-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Faelene - 03-17-2013, 01:02 AM
RE: Sing Something New - by Sielu - 03-21-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Faelene - 04-10-2013, 05:36 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Sielu - 04-12-2013, 01:13 PM