the Rift

daughter sweet daughter, .b r e a t h e. in [Destry]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

I stood at the very border between the Basin and the Steppe. It was cold and my body was going numb. I stretch out my wings, wincing as I unfold my right wing. The joint still hurt, and the skin and hair was still black. Well, the skin was more of a dark pinkish red color, and my hair was beginning to grow back. I kept my mane over it, trying to hide the painful wound. But, I would never forget what had happened.

Snorting, I turn and look at the gleaming stars high above the sky. I could only think about Delinne and Destry as I stare at the glowing balls, bright against the black sky. Why did things have to go so wrong? Why couldn't we have just remained together, and raised Destry to be a loving daughter? Why? I stomp my gray hoof against the ground, feeling a single tear slide down my cheek.

Looking about, I see a shriveled tree not too far from me. I begin to walk towards it, seeing a small leaf still hanging onto a branch. Feeling the anger swelling inside of me, I burn the tree. I watch as the bark begins to burn. My magic only lasts a moment, but by then the tree is already ablaze. I watch with fiery eyes as the tree begins to crackle, large cracks appearing in the trunk. In an instant the tree snaps in half, collapsing onto the snow. The white snow begins to melt, appearing as though it's shrinking away from the flames.

I stand there, warming myself by the flames as the night wears on. The last tongues of flame reach to the sky before shrinking away, the embers hot and glowing. Flicking my ears back, I lower my head. I whisper a few words, praying to the gods that my family is sewn back together soon. I don't think my heart can last any longer.

It's just too broken to function.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: <3

word count: 331

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Messages In This Thread
daughter sweet daughter, .b r e a t h e. in [Destry] - by Azzaron - 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM