the Rift

daughter sweet daughter, .b r e a t h e. in [Destry]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Destry takes quite a while to speak, and only a few words come from her lips. "B-Basin. Hoorns." Flicking my ears back, I dislike the way the Basin sounds in my daughter's mouth. With a slightly stern gaze, I focus on my daughter's red eyes. "The Basin?..." I swear under my breath, trying to keep Destry from hearing. That would be a big mistake, especially if she repeated those words near her mother. Lowering my head, I stare at Destry with my fiery eyes, my muzzle brushing against hers.

I withdraw my head, and with my next words, I can see Destry is excited. She squeals, flapping her wings."Fly?" I smile, nodding my head. She looks at me, grinning. "Yes, fly. And I can teach you." Spreading out my wings, I show how large they are compared to hers. Her wings were still small, but they would be able to hold her up. "Before you start flying, you must strengthen your wings." I pull my wings up, so that the very tips shoot out towards the sky before bringing them back down. I repeat the process, but constantly changing the angle of my wings. "Now do the same." I toss my head, smiling towards Destry as I wait for her to try it. I fold and flex my wings several times, flicking my wing tips up towards the sky. While I'm flexing my wings, I feel the sudden cold creep across my skin. I shiver slightly, stepping closer to Destry and watching her wings.

I was so proud of my lovely daughter.

But, what would her mother think? At the thought of Delinne I shiver, holding back the tears. I wouldn't cry, especially not in front of my daughter. That would be shameful, especially for me. Shaking my mane, I glance at the last glowing embers of the fire. But, unlike the embers, I will never leave my family. No matter what.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: Kind of ran out of steam too... lol

word count: 333

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Messages In This Thread
RE: daughter sweet daughter, .b r e a t h e. in [Destry] - by Azzaron - 03-16-2013, 01:22 PM