the Rift

Babylon Sister [Phaedra]

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

*"Sorry sugar? I didn't quite catch that last part?"*

A muscle twitched in Sin’s neck, forcing his dreadlocks to jerk to and fro in his agitated state. His legs were telling him to keep going, to ignore her words and continue on his way. He felt the soft rush of warm air waft toward him, and after a moment comprehensive panic burst forth as he realized the nimble fae had taken to the air; Sin knew not what sort of advantage she hoped to gain by hopping upon the warm thermals of the sky, but whatever it was he was sure it was an advantage. And yet--woe is him!—he couldn’t simply trot away from such inquiring words. Manners were bred deeply within the dappled one’s bloodline; his airs and graces were the oxygen in his lungs. Sin could deal with being cowardly; he knew perfectly well he was not built for physical confrontation, and neither did he value it with any sort of passion. He was perfectly comfortable with turning tail and running from the imminent danger of an airborne beast of burden. However, the Disciple could not abide by being cowardly and rude in the same sitting. No; he was taught better than that. He would swallow the apprehension in his throat, turn to the lady, and tell her quite clearly that he merely wished to be gone from that place, and if she would, please, leave him free to do so.

And that’s exactly what the dappled boy did; Sin slowed his pace, whirling around to face the winged siren. He took a deep breath, holding his head high and his eyes ever wide and calculating in their piercing, icy stare. “Please, ma’am,” he started, his voice only slightly stronger than what he felt inside, “I wish not to start conflict. I merely found myself in the grip of academic pursuit—I didn’t mean to intrude upon your herd lands.” He stopped very briefly, blinking rapidly; it seemed as though a rather garish, subtle light was scrabbling at his eyes, making them itchy and irritated. “ “I apologize if you truly had wished for my company. I really am sorry, but I must attend to my duties and return to…return to the side of my…of my…”

Sin drew breath slowly, his eyes widening; the itch made his eyes water, but as a single, tiny teardrop escaped his lids, the inflamed sensation vanished entirely—as did any recollection of the sensation.

“ “...of my…”

The strange gypsy mare had not changed in her appearance; she was the same dull sandy color, with the same curious bird catcher spots and dazzling green eyes. Her form was just as lithe and delicate as Sin had observed, just as attractive in that graceful way of hers, with those same alluring, yet God-awful appendages sprouting from her withers. Sin could detect no difference in her demeanor, in the sly, playful grin she gave him; he could not see what had changed in the past few seconds. Yet something was different.

“ “…of—um…”

Something was stirring within Sin as he gazed upon her, something he had never felt in his entire life. Strangely, the sensation was oddly attached to Tolio in some manner, that cinnamon stud that had shared Sin’s warmth with him. But the image of this gyspy mare was a jealous one, and didn’t consent to thoughts of others than her. She was the centerfold in his mind’s eye; Sin couldn’t imagine anyone else, any other face, even if he tried. He didn’t try. Somehow, in the span of only a few, precious heartbeats, this glorious, wondrous mare had inspired some base attraction in Sin that wasn’t there before.

“ “….o-of….um….”

While her lithe build and graceful conformation had only garnered a routine observation from Sin, it was now his obsession; he couldn’t stop gazing at her, looking at every nook and curve of her luscious body, trying desperately to memorize her build. Those wings that had inspired wariness and contempt only a seconds ago now beguiled awe into the Disciple’s heart; that passion he felt in pursuing the origins of flight were renewed in his stupor, and he gazed at those wings thinking to himself just how soft and beautiful and grand they were to look at. Those eyes—those dazzling green eyes he had admitted to being attractive before were now breathtaking. They captured him, ripped his heartstrings painfully as they pierced his hide from behind those long, long lashes. He could only stand there and gaze, his alarm and confusion rapidly melting, bubbling away and leaving nothing but dumbfound heartache.

“….oh.” Sin said, his eyes wide. It was done. The stallion was snared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-12-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-18-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 03-24-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-25-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 04-15-2013, 09:52 PM