the Rift

Shadows, Fires and a Wolf [Mirage, Mad/Mask, Rafe, open]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

[Really just wanted to throw this up as I know it was needed and I just ran out of time. :x.
*Ink did not capture Rafe on his own, so if a protector from the Edge wants to say they helped that's fine with me.

Ink has passed his guardship duty over to Mad/Mask, if that's okay with you Whit. Also I don't think we intend to detain Rafe, so I would say aside from posting in this thread as a prisoner, he is free and not constrained by not making new posts.]

I linger above the trio as a crow, drifting effortlessly on wings of liquid black. The wind carries me easily, though she tears at my body with a certain viciousness that makes me shudder in my dreams. It sends my feathers out like a fine mist that is soon lost in my wake.

Below me walks a wolf, of sorts. He is horse enough, but one look in his eyes tells me otherwise.
I wonder if I have made a permanent enemy this day. I suppose it can't be helped.

I would think on either side the brothers walk; once prisoners now holding their captor, how easily fate does like to turn on us.

I had noticed something unusual when I left this place to watch the Foothills go under siege. More unusual than a herd land being obliterated I mean. At least I have heard it was as such. I didn't get much opportunity to watch the bloody sport of conquest as my attention had been snagged by the rather large group of stallions standing to the side of the battlefield, hidden from view with the rise of a hill. Most I did not recognize, but I knew the two black shapes within to be the DragonHeart's kin. They certainly looked it.

Though I did not notice the red yawn of blood on any of them, it was not a friendly circle of bodies that surrounded them. I jerked onto the wind and hurried back to the Edge, rounding up who I could in my haste. I am sure my communication was more erratic than usual, as I didn't wish to lose the location of them. As it was it did take some tracking, but with some Protectors at my back and my sleuthing talents put to use, we found the brothers soon enough.

Rafe and his entourage were defeated with no little struggle. I feel helpless in that regard and am again reminded I should learn at least the basics to defend myself, though truthfully I always just splash into ink when I sense an impending threat, but maybe I could be less pathetic if I knew something.

Either way I'm victorious now.

I have no need for Rafe. I know nothing of him other than he took the family of my queen. The brothers are all I truly want, but I suspect Mirage may wish to share words with him. I don't think we have much to mystify about the motive, as I garner a guess that Rafe was involved with the invasion somehoof, but all the better for him to meet the obsidian dragon that sleeps on the edge of the world. If I have made an enemy of the Edge with this act, they made one of us first.

Then again childhood taught most of us who starts something is not nearly as important as who ends it. I know Mirage is diplomatic, but are they?

I flutter down to a tree branch as we cross the borders, sharp eyes watching for Mirage.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Shadows, Fires and a Wolf [Mirage, Mad/Mask, Rafe, open] - by Ink - 03-14-2013, 02:56 AM