the Rift

sunset shadow and summer snow [open]

Valka Posts: 32
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3
tay
Valka forced her limbs to still when Snö responded. Honored; they would be honored! The dark mare bobbed her head. Both strange eyes remained fixed on her conversation partner, though. Crimson light washed over Snö when she stepped into the light; Valka marveled in silence, wondering how she could ever compare with a creature so regal – so lovely and kind. Snö was everything a unicorn should be; everything Valka had quite imagined. In the dusk they were both lit by the sun’s dying flames, but Snö glittered. And she called Valka ‘friend’ when next she spoke!

The empathy running through Snö’s voice was reassuring; it was in their nature to detest such common beasts! But Valka had been raised among them; she couldn’t help but wonder, even in the very furthest corner of her mind, if perhaps she carried some of their mannerisms, their common ugliness. She must try, she told herself, to be as great as she was meant to be. She must not speak of the horses too much. ”They take no pride in their bearing,” Valka responded, her voice cold – clipped. Remembering the teasing of the other foals, remembering Sulwyn’s warning about traitors… Valka’s ears pinned back against the long, strong muscles of her neck. ”I hope never to feign courtesy to them again. I should not be obligated…” she stamped a foot. ”I would be glad to be among my own kind. I’m honored by your kindness, Snö. I long to put all I have suffered far behind me.”

stock credit: elaineselenstock.deviantart.com | hellofascination1991.deviantart.com | burtn.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
sunset shadow and summer snow [open] - by Valka - 03-14-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: sunset shadow and summer snow [open] - by Valka - 03-24-2013, 08:45 PM