the Rift

A Message in a Bottle [Mirage]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Finally the invasion had ended. But that didn’t mean that we, of the Edge, could rest. We had so much more to endure. There hadn’t been any fatalities but that didn’t make the war any less of a war. Our alliance with the Foothills had still been new when threats of battle came knocking at their door and I resented the fact that there was nothing that we could do to aid them. I pitied them for their loss but I couldn’t linger on thoughts of agony and pain anymore, no, I had much more in store for the Foothills. But as it appeared, I wasn’t alone in my sentiments to make use of their abandoned soldiers. The Edge had opened their doors to those who had lost so much in battle and I wanted to be able to take advantage of such fortune. That’s not to say that I thought such loss was the source of our prosperity, but we could greatly benefit from the gain, even if it came at a price.

However, with so much confusion swelling in the wake of the invasion and so many new recruits, I was left feeling a little stricken with the weight of it all. I had spent a bit of time in the Threshold trying to contribute to our numbers and yet, nothing ever seemed to hold true. I had seen a few faces around from time to time but not nearly as much as I would have liked. In fact, I had recruited Ursula only this past week and I dare say that I hadn’t seen her since. Perhaps it was time that I called upon her just to see how she was getting along… Then again, I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to stray far from the Edge in search of her until I had had a chance to speak with Mirage.

Lately I’d been feeling a little useless, seeing as I had been forced to stand aside during the invasion only to find that soon after my threshold efforts had seemingly gone to waste. It was taking everything I had to avoid going mentally insane… All around us, plots and threats of violence seemed to make up whispers upon the wind and here we sat, mere sitting ducks waiting for misfortune to happen our way. We had to do something, anything, to encourage some damn activity amongst our members before we too ended at the hands of some group not unlike the Grey. However, at least all of us would go down fighting, for I knew Mirage would never abandon us in our time of need.

Early morning had brought me to wakefulness with all the fixings of a restless night. My nerves seemed to be aflame with anxiety rooted deep within my gut and with the rolling of thunder pushing over the horizon I felt that it was time to step forward. The stale scent of rain rose the stiffened point of my shoulder blades into a hardened peak which spoke volumes of my apprehensions at this day and I felt it was necessary to at least try to make peace with my concerns. Whether it was the impending storm that brought so much worry to the lines of my face was to be debated, but much like my sense of urgency, the storm was rolling in.

I watched as the clouds darkened overhead and sighed briefly at a breeze that carried with it the warmth of an otherwise sweltering summer day. I was glad to feel the heat pass but it did little to encourage my foul mood otherwise. My little Essetia would be safely tucked away at her mother’s side by now but her welfare still pushed me to consider going to her and yet, I could not. I didn't know what I stood waiting for, but it was something all the same. I closed my eyes as the winds began to pick up and perhaps if I could let them, they would carry me away.

OOC|| Forgive this horrid-ness. The next will be better.

Messages In This Thread
A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Thor - 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Mirage - 03-16-2013, 07:24 AM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Thor - 03-18-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Mirage - 03-19-2013, 07:30 AM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 04:41 PM