the Rift

A Message in a Bottle [Mirage]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

"It is imbued with magic - my magic. Use it wisely."

The mare spoke of the amulet that Akaith expertly weaved into the throngs of Thor's thick mane, doing as she had done to her bondmate's mane countless times, only with the purpose of tying something within the strands. Her deft claws were soon finished with the task, and she chirruped triumphantly when she finished, commenting to Mirage a mental image of Thor employing the magic that was stored within it. A familiar hum resonated from the amulet that rested upon Mirage's breast at the length of a thin chain, and she was reminded of the sea dragon that had gifted her with the opportunity to travel across the lands as a shadow should she but will it - Thor's embodiment of her magic would result in a large brown dragon, similar to her mate's bronze scales but slightly different, darker, duller in sheen but still brilliant and strong. With her head tilted, she viewed him, seeing within him the dragon he might one day become, should he want to use the jewel hanging in his mane.

The weather continued shifting around them, the calm before the storm as ominous as it ever was, however the waves thrashing faster and harder against the rocks was as clear a signal as any as to the approaching storm. Lightning flashed, and several seconds after it, thunder followed. Mirage breathed the scent of the storm in deeply, allowing it to refresh her, to look forward to the clean palette that would be left in its wake. He spoke of serving the Qian, and the little shadow mare allowed herself a small, hidden smile, which grew move devious as he continued speaking of things that truly were not his responsibilities to worry about. The mare would have laughed, but she was far too coy for that - it was time to pull some theatrics.

In reaction to his words, the mare raised a single brow, looking incredulously at the steed. Her ears swivelled, and Akaith even gave a grumpy chortle, boxing the large steed with a fisted claw before taking flight and promptly diving over the edge of the cliff, squawking all the way. With her tone heavily guarded, the little shadow mare spoke, ensuring her tones were painted with the thickest coating of dire seriousness.

"And who are you to judge when it is an appropriate time to call the herd together? Who are you to judge me?" She pressed tossing her crown as if to dismiss him before turning on her heel and beginning to walk away. Akaith reappeared from over the cliff's lip then, chortling all the while still at her bonded. Mirage looked up to the golden dragon, snorting in mock dismay and disappointment. "We could have him punished, you know. What would you have be done to him for speaking so boldly to his Queen, my beloved?" The little dragon wheeled about in the air then, barely able to keep her grumpy façade on, her chortles of mock anger slowly revolving into a pleasant dragonsong of light, happy amusement.

"Perhaps over the cliff's edge, or left upon the borders of the Basin? No, my dear, we need something far more harsh then that." The WeyrLeader turned her lithe frame about now, tilting a single eye onto him, observing him keenly through it.

"Hmm." Walking up to him again, she placed herself before him, so that they might stand face to face. Extending her muzzle to him, she smiled broadly, warmly, the happiness leaking into her very eyes, the softness transforming her façade into the truth.

"Thor the True, the Strong, the Weary, the Noble, the Gentleman; you are a born leader, an asset to this family, and so that I might avoid punishing you in the future for your bold words, I am forced to ask you but one question." Here she hesitated, only to prolong his torture. With a devious smirk curving her lips, and a gentle breath of air pushing a kiss against his forelock, the DragonHeart brought forth her voice once more.

"Would you stand by me, as my equal, my fellow WeyrLeader of the World's Edge?"

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Thor - 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Mirage - 03-16-2013, 07:24 AM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Thor - 03-18-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Mirage - 03-19-2013, 07:30 AM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 04:41 PM