the Rift

Running to Safety? (open)

Zaida Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Zaida found herself galloping full tilt through a forest. She hated forests, too many hiding places for predators. She tried to gallop faster, but her legs were too tired, too weary. Her hooves made loud thud! sounds on the yellowed grass, as rivulets of sweat trailed down her and stung her eyes.

Finally, though she willed it not to, she was stopped dead in her tracks from exhaustion. After catching her breath, she looked around, ears swivelling, hoping against hope that this place was safe, at least for a little while. She was in a little clearing, with dried brambles to the left of her, and widely spaced trees all around. The sun was setting, taking some of the oppressive heat with it. Crickets had started chirping, creating a quiet melody in the backdrop. There was also a smell on the wind; the smell of pegasi, and other things similar to them.

Zaida relaxed a little bit. There was obviously a herd or something similar nearby, and there were no predators around yet. I can search for the herd later tonight she thought, now is good time to rest.

All of a sudden, a loud crash! came from the dry brambles. Zaida screeched and shied away, clearing nearly two metres in a sideways bound. Red eyes wild, she stared at the brambles, quickly finding the source of the crashing sound; a small, harmless bird returning to its strangely placed nest. Zaida laughed nervously. Any predator around here, and there had to be some, would have heard that screech and come running. Of course there was that possible herd... If she could attract the herd's attention, she reasoned, they might send someone over to find her. Whoever they sent might just be able to get there before the predators did, and save her. It was her only hope.

"Is anybody there?" she yelled, "I'm alone and I'm scared!" She didn't manage to stop herself before the last part came out, but she didn't care right now. All that mattered was whether someone heard her or not.

Messages In This Thread
Running to Safety? (open) - by Zaida - 07-14-2012, 02:55 AM
RE: Running to Safety? (open) - by Kri - 07-14-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Running to Safety? (open) - by Zaida - 07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: Running to Safety? (open) - by Kri - 07-19-2012, 07:27 PM