the Rift

A Sad Farwell [Osiris]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The cool liquid ran down the delicate pipe of white. Sapphire pools were closed and the sounds of the world were of irrelevance to her at this particular moment. So when she heard the tune of her name that haunted her, her movements were sharp with surprise as she dodged to get a good grasp on Osiris’s big and overbearing frame. Osirs… She didn’t have time to wonder if the dried streaks on her cheeks had vanished, but not like it mattered. It was to late to do anything about it now. Though water droplets now hung off her jaw from the spraying water of her quick and rhythmic action. How should she feel? What emotion should she portray? Should she be sad she had lost a home, or should she be trying to look for a silver lining?

With such formalities, it was a wonder how she still felt close to the hybrid. But with formalities came restrictions, and even in the private sanctuary of the northern fields, she kept her distance. At this moment, she felt the forbidden desire only heighten within her. She would fight to stay strong. She did not need to break her own heart out of stupidity for wanting something she knew would never make sense. Helovia had changed the unicorn Osiris had greeted on her arrival. The mare who he had protected against the Boggart. Quietly and slowly, like cancer moving in on it’s prey, she had become callused and beginning the journey down the path to becoming cold. Though becoming heartless would never fully take place.

“Osiris.”

She dipped her façade like she had the first day they had met. The mixed emotions came like a flash flood and could have drowned her if she had not a grip on her poise. How would they get past this awkwardness? With the reversal of roles, so to speak, or the switching of roles from homeless to having some place to call home. But had she truly been home within the realms of the Foothills? Had she been trying to kid herself? She was so far from having a steady heart that settling in one area had not really kept her happy. Though, being alone had not made her happy ither. The one thing she knew was Osiris created feelings within her that scared her, more so than the advances from Tharos.

Half smiling, as it suddenly came with ease, she half cocked her listeners towards the stallion. The irony of their situation almost was too prominent not to notice. The waters had settled peacefully around her once again, reflecting the blue of her own visionaries. They were kind and gentle as they took in the resigned look given her. She couldn’t bring herself to dwell on the unpleasantries of the situation they found themselves in. Instead, she let go of a long and awaited release of a heavy sigh. Letting the silence last a while longer before letting her harmonies drift over the water, to reach Osiris’s ears.

“Do not look so down. You hold a heavy heart. I have seen this from the first day you greeted me.”

It was not her business to know the details, and frankly, she thought it better if she didn’t. She also held a heavy heart, but for reasons of her own accord as well. But the difference was, she didn’t let them visually weigh her down, instead she ran from her problems. And she hoped that she would someday be able to face them head on and defeat her nightmares and the hauntings that looked to devour her all moments of the night. But with the wolf-horse, she sensed he wore his heavy heart out in the open… Or was she the only one who could feel this?

“I hope you find the Foothills good to you as they were to me, for the time I was there. There are no hard feelings towards you or any member of your family. Please know I say this with genuine sincerity.”

The alabaster mare felt that leaving the part out about seeking refuge in the Basin as best. As of now, she had not even attempted to go searching for acceptance, and it would do no good to speak her thoughts. She had grown familiar with the lands and the territories, but she was still trying to get a grasp on the herds and what each thought of each other. So keeping her intentions to herself would only make things less complicate, something she readily accepted with open arms.

“I hope this does not hinder our friendship, Osiris. I have grown fond of Comadre and wish to still visit or cross paths with no misunderstandings.”

She wondered if she would ever be able to tell him her true feelings, or if she would wait until death. Would it ever be too late? Would she grow old and alone, like the fairy tales had all left her with? Only the unicorn and the maiden girl, in the forest, awaiting the end.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Nadira - 03-15-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Osiris - 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Nadira - 03-22-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Osiris - 04-06-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Nadira - 04-12-2013, 06:13 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Osiris - 04-12-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Nadira - 04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Osiris - 04-24-2013, 07:37 PM