the Rift

A Sad Farwell [Osiris]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Nadira watched the contortion of the stallion’s face as his orbs narrowed. The white mare’s ears flattened. She hadn’t tried to sour the taste of the atmosphere that lingered in this beautiful terrain, but apparently she was good at bringing out retorts from the wolf. She let her slender form slip through the glass water undisturbed. She narrowed the gap between them enough to still allow some breathing room. She would let him speak his words that could be used like knives to cut her to shreds. But two hearts, broken and full of rage and fire would do no good fighting against each other.

Her sapphires grew cold, but she held her temper back. Being able to keep herself under control had always seemed like a difficult task to her, and even so now, it was. But cooler heads she had witnessed usually had prevailed. She waited a second, as she let his baritones fill her head with sharp and crisp daggers. She thought back to her time on earth, and if she was in her human form, she would be red with fury. She supposed this was one of the benefits to not being human.

"A fool, Osiris, denies himself. At least my fool-heartedness is something I shared with you openly and with honesty. A fool can do and say a lot of things, but we can’t be perfect all the time."

Nadira let her gaze drop. She had tried to be gentle and kind, but she was beginning to ponder whether or not Osiris could accept it as a genuine offer. She couldn’t deny that she had changed, even if it was just a little. And maybe that is the response she was receiving. But how could the wolf expect to shelter her, when they hardly were ever even seen side by side. Shaking her visage, last of the droplets dissipated back into the water.

"How much more must I give, before everything I am is taken away, Osiris? I do not look to comfort with my forgiveness, but more to prevent a barrier from being built. And you are just as much in mourning as I. But I can tell you that neither of our mourning is over the battlefield."

She waited until he had searched her visionaries out. She let him cut her with more retorts. She honestly thought it was more of himself berating his tried and true hopes of doing something good, or at least feeling it. And now? And now he felt like he had failed her and he was expressing his irritation out on her. Males sure had a weird way of expressing themselves, that was for sure. But even as she stood there now, she felt like everything was caving in around her. She had chosen her path, it was not his doing. She wondered if she should let him be, to his own thoughts. Let him battle his own demons, like she, herself, preferred.

"You are right, Osiris, I do not know your heart. But a soul without a heart is no soul at all, just a mindless being with no feeling. And you are no mindless being."

Nadira’s calmness overwhelmed her. She felt like a mother, she presumed, trying to calm the irritation and frustration of her broken hearted son. But Osiris was far from being her son. Keeping his gaze within her grasp, she waited for the torrent of accusations that she could only imagination graced the tip of his tongue. How much more of this did he believe she could take before another tear would break from its barriers.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Nadira - 03-15-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Osiris - 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Nadira - 03-22-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Osiris - 04-06-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Nadira - 04-12-2013, 06:13 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Osiris - 04-12-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Nadira - 04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
RE: A Sad Farwell [Osiris] - by Osiris - 04-24-2013, 07:37 PM