the Rift

Smile like you mean it (Krypt)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The boy came flying in. Well, flying as only a wingless one could. I offer him an amused beam, his eagerness apparently in full bloom—with cheerful karma following close at heel. It was a shame that this lad was indeed an ‘equine,’ wings would have suited his personality; mostly because to me it seemed more often than not, his heart was soaring in heaven. Krypt came to a halt, dust swirling around his black feet and caramel hocks. Sapphire pools rose to meet me, squinting when they met the wrath of dawn instead. Wistfully he returned my smile and offered words of greeting to break the silence, “Hello Midas!” Throats kinsman had been the closest thing to family when my dam and sir died, they had comforted me when Norse passed from this world.

There was a special place in my tender heart for each and every member of Dragons Throat, but—it was the Soldiers who snagged a larger chuck than most. So it wasn’t awkward to me when my neck stretches out with muzzle reaching for velvet crimson in acknowledgement, “Good morning brother, it’s nice to see you've settled in.” I addressed him as ‘brother’ and physically greeted Krypt in a way that would concrete my words.

He started speaking again, fast, obviously nervous and perhaps a little wet behind the ears. I took no offense, and chose to listen quietly without interjecting anything of note. My head turned toward the burnt sky, admiring the sunrise while he expressed everything that needed to be voiced—and a little extra. "I apologize, I'm just a bit excited that's all!" such vibrant spirit reminded me of Cera, and how the child was hardly ever in a dreary mood. Cranium angles toward him, kindly regarding the chatterbox walker, “I’m sure you’ll make your kinsmen proud today.”

Krypt moved away, turning to face me again when a reasonable distance had been struck. Curiously I stood by, silent and watchful. Appearance was that of a calm father; no visible sign could signal the increased beats of my heart—nor the slight tremble of anticipation along my spine. There was a secret thrill, a joy for testing the limits of your body on kin without worry that a large amounts of damage would be dealt.

Both of us stared at the other as though this wasn’t going to turn into a kicking/biting/strength test fest. We stood nearly the same height, he just a few inches taller. If the lad was very good at reading body language, he might delve past my well-built façade of good will, and take notice when patched hindquarters started to tense and shoulders began to flex.

"I believe I will start Midas.”

So it begins….

He comes charging toward my right side, swinging his weight up into a standing rear. This was a common tactic, one that didn’t surprise me because I had seen it often, and knew how to respond. I rise up to meet him, twisting so that I am mostly facing his blunt charge headon.

Hindquarters bunch underneath the weight of my bulk. Legs are splayed naturally from countless hours of practice. I am well balanced, and ready when he strikes with flailing forehooves pointed to dig into my spine or flank. Ebony muzzle extends with yellow teeth widened to take in the dun flesh along the left side of his neck or mane. My left appendage moves up to strike a blunt attack on the farthest left side of his breast or left shoulder. Golden dagger is pointed down to prevent piercing of any flesh. This wasn’t a battle, and I didn’t want to permanently scar a friend.

Because I rise to meet him, Krypts hoof falls shy of my flank, but instead push’s against the fleshy part of my shoulder that is covered with steel. I can hear the sounds of metal being scratched, and am suddenly very thankful that the alloy was strong; otherwise it would have been flesh that felt the burning effects of hoof-force digging past the second layer of hide.

Summary: (1,3) Rears up to meet Krypt, aims to bite at Krypts neck or mane. Strikes out with left forehoof to bluntly hit Krypts left breast or shoulder.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Smile like you mean it (Krypt) - by Midas - 03-16-2013, 12:15 AM
RE: Smile like you mean it (Krypt) - by Krypt - 03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: Smile like you mean it (Krypt) - by Midas - 04-02-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Smile like you mean it (Krypt) - by Krypt - 04-13-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: Smile like you mean it (Krypt) - by Midas - 04-27-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Smile like you mean it (Krypt) - by Krypt - 05-02-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: Smile like you mean it (Krypt) - by Midas - 05-14-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: Smile like you mean it (Krypt) - by Official - 06-08-2013, 12:37 AM