the Rift

Look What The Waves Dragged In [Open]

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Kiiuna
Our worlds were never meant to touch

As the wolf put it's arm over her to hold onto the board, the hippocamp blinked in surprise. The creature was warm to the touch, unlike the cool, smooth scales of her podmates. Everything was hot and bright up here. It was so strange. She whinnied as the board was shoved a few inches, tossing her head excitedly. The ocean's proximity no longer seemed to taunt her. Now, it gave her hope.

As she continued to be pushed forward, she noticed the sand piling up in front of the board. The wolf apparently noticed it too, and stopped her pushing, then walked to the front and began to scoop away sand. Her clever paws impressed the hippocampus. There was nothing like that underwater. Compared to her nimble appendages, her own hooves felt embarrassingly useless. Once the sand was clear, the wolf began to push her again. She nearly slipped off the front a few times, but was able to stay on. She nickered encouragingly as the ocean became closer. An ambitious wave slipped up the beach, flicking spray onto her sides. The water seemed to energize her, causing her to whinny with joy as the wolf's final shoves pushed her all the way into the water.

The board began to float, and with a twist of her body, the hippocampus rolled off and splashed into the shallow water. Buoyed by the water, she was able to use her front hooves to pull herself deeper in. With a final pull, she was deep enough in to dive, and did so, her tail smacking the water as she reacquainted herself with the ocean.

Moments later, she broke the surface again farther out in a spectacular jump. Her scales had been restored to their normal iridescent sheen, and there was a gleam of pure joy in her eyes. She crashed back down into the water, then popped up closer to shore, looking at the wolf with an expression of unmeasurable gratitude. "Thank you, thank you!" she sang. She bent her neck, pointing her nose at her chest. "My name Kiiuna." she said, then waited for the wolf's name. Giving her name to a land-dweller. What would her friends say?

She flicked her tail in indecision, trying to think of a way to repay the wolf for her kindness. An old story came to mind, allegedly so ancient that it dated to before the land creatures and sea creatures dropped out of contact. "You helped me, so I help you. Need me, wait for full moon and call my name over the ocean. I come." With a final whinny goodbye, Kiiuna dove back into the water, heading for her pod's grazing grounds. She had been away too long.

(This isn't an RE, so she can't give you anything sadly, but if you can think of anything she could do to help Arathea once she'll gladly oblige. Thank you for taking part in this little writing exercise!)

text text text

"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Look What The Waves Dragged In [Open] - by NPC - 03-16-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: Look What The Waves Dragged In [Open] - by NPC - 03-25-2013, 08:02 AM