the Rift

Balancing act (Faelene, Open)

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

This world was so BIG. Infant like vocabulary hadn’t developed enough to describe it with a word other than BIG. My tri colored orbs studied each unnamed flower, each blade of grass as if it was the epiphany of my existence. I would reach out to momma, and call on my inborn gift to send a mental picture along with a sense of bewilderment that came almost instantly along with it to symbolize a raw question without the use of words. That’s right, I could talk with my mind, and only with my mind. In the beginning lips would mimic momma and air passed through, but not a single sound formed. At first my disability was alarming to me only because my mother seemed distressed, instinctively I reached out in confusion and touched her mind in the process.

That was my first contact with this new power.

My young mind seemed to be constantly trying to understand every new experience. It was pleasing that no two days were exactly the same. There was always a new face to meet and people to greet. When I wasn’t working to familiarize my surroundings, I tried to watch mother, doing nearly as she did. But I wasn’t doing a very good job, my laughably long legs would be awkward and clumsy for weeks to come. It seemed I was stumbling around on my soft hooves more than anything else.

Ornamental muzzle bumped against my mother’s flank affectionately, while working limbs moved to match her slowed steps with a gait that was comfortable for both parent and child. An afternoon sun blazed through an overcast sky; casting light over a well beaten forest trail as we walked in near silence through a thicket of trees. I dared not leave her side, my beating heart hadn’t yet learned bravery and didn’t feel the drive to test it; though, when we approached a glade I was tempted to push forward a few steps until my small shoulders aligned with hers at a much lower level.
credits

Messages In This Thread
Balancing act (Faelene, Open) - by Sielu - 03-16-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Balancing act (Faelene, Open) - by Faelene - 03-17-2013, 01:48 AM
RE: Balancing act (Faelene, Open) - by Frost Fyre - 03-17-2013, 07:45 AM
RE: Balancing act (Faelene, Open) - by Sielu - 03-21-2013, 01:06 PM
RE: Balancing act (Faelene, Open) - by Faelene - 04-08-2013, 05:20 PM