the Rift

Wherever I May Roam [ARAH]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

[Image: 14uhyty.jpg]
While I recall all the words you spoke to me, can't help but wish that I was there.

The night sky was black and cold, the bright moon and twinkling stars all hidden behind monstrous gray clouds. In a what seems to be empty cave; the burly stallion lied completely still in his lonely home, where the only sound was his slow breathing and the occasional draft of wind blowing leaves across the bare ground. His tired body slumped against the side of the rocky hole, his coat tattered and covered in mud. The feathering around his rough hooves was matted with mud as well, large chunks wound together in one heap. His deep blue eyes were half closed, black pupils staring at the broken pattern of the flooring he occupied.

His memory recalled Arah's smile as she suggested decorations, her cold body falling to the ground eventually. She had been so tired. It was the only time they had met. She said they'd be friends. Why was it that he missed her so badly when he had barely known her? Crash brought his attention back to reality, shaking his head as if he could rid the memory of his brain. The dark horn that emerged from his forehead, parting his thick forelock, scratched against the rock wall and made a disturbing noise as it did so. She was gone. As far as he knew.

Tired eyes looked up from the dull colored floor, scanning the exact same colored walls. Nothing had been done to them. He hadn't even been in here much since he had housed himself there. The only things that resided in his cave were himself and some mud that he had packed in with his chipped and scratched hooves.

Crash drew in a deep breath, his attention drifting toward the mouth of his home. The edges were jagged on one side, but had yet to cut him or even come close to it. Beyond that, all there was to be seen was darkness. Not a hint of light was shed from the outside world. Maybe it would stay like that for a while. Then he wouldn't have to go out to parade around the Basin like he foolishly had been for what felt like the longest time.

Words: 363
Lyrics: "Dear God" by Avenged Sevenfold
Image Credit

Please tag me in all posts.

Messages In This Thread
Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Crash Course - 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Arah - 03-19-2013, 02:21 AM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Crash Course - 03-19-2013, 03:08 AM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Arah - 03-22-2013, 06:18 AM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Crash Course - 03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Arah - 03-27-2013, 02:23 AM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Crash Course - 03-28-2013, 01:41 AM